Turn Signal and Marker Voltage drop.

TheJuggla1
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Surrey BC
I have a voltage drop when I have turn signal markers or 4 ways on. These aren't like huge bulbs or anything, I don't see why I should lose .5-1 Volts having my markers or turn signal on.

Nothing else in my system causes any voltage drop(Except obvious stuff like heads light and heater which use a fair amount of power)

Should I redo all my grounds? I'm not sure about the tail lights, can I cut of the tail lights ground right after it leaves the tail light and just ground it right behind the tail light? Same with the front markers?

Also I get a bit of stereo whine when my heater is on or I am using power windows, is this a bad amp/HU ground, or is the ground on the heater/power windows causing it to whine?

Separate note, I wanna do the big 3, I am going to use 4 gauge wire from atl to bat, what fuse should I put on this(And where right after alt or does it not matter?)and whats the best way to run the wire, the alt is on the opposite side of the vehicle than battery.

i get voltage drop from my turn signals as well but not from when i have my system at full tilt. not sure what the problem is though:crap:

Maybe the relay's require alot of volt/amps to energize? Either way, I don't think it'd affect your system too much //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif

Maybe the relay's require alot of volt/amps to energize? Either way, I don't think it'd affect your system too much //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif
Whenever I roll two windows up @ night my headlights dim. Pretty odd but I don't get voltage drop from turn signals. Just thought I'd share

It'd be interesting to look at the fuse box and see what these items are drawing when operational.

Maybe two windows at once is like 60amps constantly or something crazy like that. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crazy.gif.c13912c32de98515d3142759a824dae7.gif

Yeah I get dim when I power my windows up. The more windows I do at once the more I dim lol
When I first noticed it I was riding and would hold all four and it would dim like crazy...I did it repeatedly..pretty wild lookin haha

It'd be interesting to look at the fuse box and see what these items are drawing when operational.
Maybe two windows at once is like 60amps constantly or something crazy like that. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crazy.gif.c13912c32de98515d3142759a824dae7.gif
Wouldn't surprise me....everybody says expeditions are electrical nightmares...with all the problems I've had...I'd say they were right

Have you tried different relays? Slower/faster ones etc....

My blinkers are pretty fast and there is no recordable voltage drop.

Seems like your relay is just getting old and drawing more current.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.