TV for College?

mepratt1234@cha
10+ year member

Hi
SC
So I'm trying to decide if I need a TV for college. I know that they can take up a lot of space, which is at a premium. If I had one it's not like I would stay in my dorm and watch it 24/7.

Just wondering if: 1. Are they nice to have?

2. The size you have? I'm think some where from mid 20's to about 32". I think any larger would be too big.

3. Where is the best place to buy TV's? I'm assuming it's not Best Buy or Circuit City. Cheapest prices would probably be online, but where?

Thanks.

I didn't have one, never bothered me - but then again I consider 90% of TV a waste of time.

On the few times I wanted to watch TV, usually the neighbors had theirs on, and we had the same taste in what to watch //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

amazon usually has pretty good deals on TV's. I would also check Overstock.com b/c they only charge a flat $2 (i think) for shipping. I would look into a 720p Toshiba Regza...awesome TV's and really decent prices

I got a 23" Samsung 720p TV that works awesome.

Small enough to sit on the desk, big enough to easily watch anywhere in the room.

Works as my computer moniter, dvd player, cable, xbox 360.

great investment.

So I'm trying to decide if I need a TV for college. I know that they can take up a lot of space, which is at a premium. If I had one it's not like I would stay in my dorm and watch it 24/7.
Just wondering if: 1. Are they nice to have?

2. The size you have? I'm think some where from mid 20's to about 32". I think any larger would be too big.

3. Where is the best place to buy TV's? I'm assuming it's not Best Buy or Circuit City. Cheapest prices would probably be online, but where?

Thanks.
Get a 37 inch flat screen and double it as a pc monitor. You would rule the world then.

How far are you from Duluth GA? There's a Frys there. Great store.

going to Clemson?
I got into Clemson in mid October. It's definitely at the top of my list. I also got pretty much a free ride to PC and I'm still waiting to hear from UNC and USC.

I like that idea about doubling it as a monitor. Could that work if I have a laptop?

40" seems like it would take up a lot of space.

Do you have a Toshiba Regza?

I got into Clemson in mid October. It's definitely at the top of my list. I also got pretty much a free ride to PC and I'm still waiting to hear from UNC and USC.

I know a few guys who are going to sign for football next year.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.