Tweeter directions?

Participant count
  • Participant list

JackImpact
10+ year member

Tampa
In my coupe I have tweeters in my door panels, they originally were facing me in the drivers seat. However the sound felt uneven and in the passenger seat, the driver tweeter was being obstructed by the steering column. So I pointed them instead at the windshield, sounds better for the passenger but about the same for me in the drivers seat. Highs more noticeable on my right then my left.

Any thoughts? I can post pics tomorrow.

no problem with self bumping I actually had the same issue in my grand prix you could temporarily offset the balance to make it sound better to your ear while you figure out a time alignment plan or something

Don't put yourself into a box when thinking about solutions. With tweeters I've seen some pretty unorthodox mounting/aiming strategies work well. Often times they will not want to be symmetrical (one will want to aim slightly differently).

Nothing for it but to test everything AND fyi, odds are if it sounds particularly good in the driver's seat it'll sound off for passangers.

Ive already cut holes in my doors to put them in lol, I couldnt put them in the door by the mirrors because i have manual mirrors. One friend suggested using one of those after market gauges that go on the frame and putting the tweeters in those to point straight out, but I cant fill the hole now that Its been cut haha

I fail at car audio=[

well i know there are tweeters that have an off axis mode, thats what i did for my car, and it sounds a hole lot better with them off axis than on.

Youre gonna have to explain the axis thing to me =[ I could press the button on the crossover to lower the decibles on the higher side?

I guess its most important how it sounds to me, so I should position them that way and say screw it to the passengers

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.