Tweeter question.

Participant count
  • Participant list
ive got dd t2's now and i love them. so part of me wants to just get another set of them and call it a day.

but i also want to try something new.

and i usually prefer silks. i just like the smoothness.

If you can dial it down and give yourself some head room check out the LPG 25NFA's or the 26NA's. The NFA's are a silk, the NA's are aluminum, but neither are harsh.

You can also look at the Seas Prestige 27TFFNC/G or SEAS Prestige 27TAFNC/G.

my deck has 6.5v preouts so i cant really dial things down since the sax 100.2/125.2 are 6v input.
The math involved is this:

Voltage = SQRT (Power x Ohms)

From there the power is the speakers RMS rating and the ohms is the speakers ohm rating.

V=SQRT(80x8)

V=SQRT(640)

V=25.29

If you put a DMM on the speaker wire outputs and tune the gain dial you should get as close to 25.29 volts as you can. That will match the power of the amp to the speaker RMS. The above example I did with the LPG 26NA.

The math involved is this:
Voltage = SQRT (Power x Ohms)

From there the power is the speakers RMS rating and the ohms is the speakers ohm rating.

V=SQRT(80x8)

V=SQRT(640)

V=25.29

If you put a DMM on the speaker wire outputs and tune the gain dial you should get as close to 25.29 volts as you can. That will match the power of the amp to the speaker RMS. The above example I did with the LPG 26NA.
his amp is most likely a gain input of 6v - 0.2v. which means that his amp is running a full load when the gain is all the way down. his only way of cutting it back would be if he could cut his voltage in half or something

his amp is most likely a gain input of 6v - 0.2v. which means that his amp is running a full load when the gain is all the way down. his only way of cutting it back would be if he could cut his voltage in half or something
He has to dial down the gains which I just showed you with math.

He has to dial down the gains which I just showed you with math.
and i understand that but the purpose of setting your gain is to match the amps level input (gain) to your preout voltage. his preout voltage and the minimum amp level are both 6v, so he cant physically turn the knob below it's minimum point. his only way of adjusting it is if he adjusted his preout voltage

and i understand that but the purpose of setting your gain is to match the amps level input (gain) to your preout voltage. his preout voltage and the minimum amp level are both 6v, so he cant physically turn the knob below it's minimum point. his only way of adjusting it is if he adjusted his preout voltage
He can though. Adjusting the gain adjusts the voltage. The amp is rated down to a .2v input. Its perfectly acceptable to dial it down.

He can though. Adjusting the gain adjusts the voltage. The amp is rated down to a .2v input. Its perfectly acceptable to dial it down.
im confused, wouldnt turning your gain down to a lower value (closer to .2v than 6v) cause overpowering/clipping? and adusting the gain doesnt adjust the preout voltage it adjusts how sensitive it is to input

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.