Update on hard drives

Participant count
  • Participant list

AltarCrystal
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Ohio
Hey all,

I've recently just discovered a problem with my hard drive I have installed in my car. All the components are listed below. When I had ~60-70 GB of music, it ran fine. There was the indexing that took a bit of time, but I drive an hour each way, everyday so in the big picture, it didn't really matter.

However, I recently updated my hard drive in the car with what I had on my computer, bringing it to just over 90 GB, and now it won't index!

The manual for the 690UB says it supports up to 250GB, so this is strange. Anyone have any advice?

stop pirating music... I think that will work...

seriously though, do you really listen to all that? take off what you dont need.
I do, actually. Not all in one sitting obviously, but I do listen to what constitutes all of it. Some days I feel like heavy rock, other days classic rock, some days hip-hop, other days punk, etc.

hdd has to be formatted to fat32...

I bought a maxtor one touch 4mini 250gb portable hdd and it just would not be seen by my ida-x100, regardless of formatting, I took that back and bought a 160gb wd passport essentials and it worked no problem...Sometimes things just don't interface...

hdd has to be formatted to fat32...
I bought a maxtor one touch 4mini 250gb portable hdd and it just would not be seen by my ida-x100, regardless of formatting, I took that back and bought a 160gb wd passport essentials and it worked no problem...Sometimes things just don't interface...
It's formatted correctly. I deleted about 20 GB of music and it's working again, it just seems that past the 75GB mark or so, it just doesn't like that many files.

It's not always only the total occupied size that matters. Many HUs also have restrictions on total amount of folders and subfolders and the number of tracks in each folder. Your manual ought to be able to tell you the numbers you need.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.