Upgraded OEM unit to pioneer avh5800, sounds like crap

npcout
10+ year member

PA
I have a 2015 honda fit. I had the OEM unit, going to a JBL MS-8, which went to a JBL mono amp, and a JBL 4 channel amp. I have a TC Epic 10, infinity references up front, nvx speakers in rear. My jbl amp is 100rms X 4, both 2 and 4 ohm stable.

With the OEM and MS-8, my speakers screamed, they all sounded good, my gains were at like 40 on the amps.

My MS-8 crapped out, so I put a Pioneer AVH5800 in, with RCAs ran to the amps. My speakers sound HORRIBLE. My front speakers are extremely quiet now, no life to them. I have my gains turned all the way up and there still pretty **** quiet. I have to turn my head unit volume almost all the way up. The speakers are muddy, the tweeters don't scream, the midbass is HORRID. My wifes 100% stock system in her 2016 Honda CRV sounds 100X better.

What could be the problem here? My OEM system before the ms-8 even sounded better than now.

I hate the new pioneer units, I went to kenwood and have better sound
Having installed many of each... they near identical.

OP: This sounds like install error. Make sure your RCAs are in the right areas and your crossovers and all settings are set properly.

Your OEM unit would have been sending out amplified (High) signal, it really sounds like you now wired it Low power (good) but didn't switch your amps over to Low. So all your signal would be way too low for what the amp's expecting. Check for that, hopefully it'll be true and an easy fix!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.