Upgrading from SLC 265s...

ndnbolla
10+ year member

Jigga what?
paradise
As the title says, I am going to be upgrading from SLC 265s (kick version).

Right now, they are hooked upto a nine.4 which can suppliy at least 150w.

They have done very well for me so far and have blended very nicely with my single 10w6v2.

However, I am now upgrading my sub-stage to two 12w6v2s. I fear that the 265s can only get so loud that they wont blend as well anymore.

Here is what I am looking for in my upgrade:

-Components that will sound good in my door which is already deadened. Might add another layer...

-A budget of less than $500 strictly, would rather have something around $400.

-Have the potential to get much louder and still have very good SQ then the SLC 265s.

-Are 6.5" in diameter.

-Require no more than 200w.

I might just keep my tweeters since they sound great. But when I get higher up in the volume, my mids start to distort.

oh boy...that might make me change directions... i was gonna go with SLC265's to go with my 18Q
Please dont go by this thread alone.

The 265s are excellent components for the price and will most likely do you well as they did me.

i know but i have a feeling my substage output is close to if not more than that you have...and if the 265's aren't keeping up with your bass...then im a little worried...but i will look into it

i know but i have a feeling my substage output is close to if not more than that you have...and if the 265's aren't keeping up with your bass...then im a little worried...but i will look into it
I haven't put the the 2 JLs in yet (should be in Friday) but I am the type of person who loves to plan way ahead which is why I got this thread started.

So I really dont even know if it will blend in or not (I am hoping it does) but if it doesn't I'll know what to upgrade to ASAP.

oh boy...that might make me change directions... i was gonna go with SLC265's to go with my 18Q
You have an 18" speaker in a ported box in an SUV...do you honestly expect SQ, let alone SQ for $230??? Get some higher end Rainbows with a metal tweet if you are concerned.

The SQ on the 265s are pretty good but it depends on what your coming off of.

I mean, compared to my old stock pioneer scion speakers, these sound much better.

Right now Rainbow Profis are at the top of my list. Any other suggestions?

Subs come in tommorow so we will see if I really need to upgrade or not.

Right now Rainbow Profis are at the top of my list. Any other suggestions?
Subs come in tomorrow so we will see if I really need to upgrade or not.

those will play louder than your SLC'S? I can see where they might be an upgrade SQ wise, just curious if I am missing something

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.