Upgrading my mids and highs

Participant count
  • Participant list

Bass so loud it HZ

CarAudio.com Regular
Now that I have finally gotten my bass where I want it I want to work on mids and highs. I will have doors made eventually but until then I'm just gonna use my stock spots. For my amp I will be running a surge 2k 4 channel. My front doors are 6x9s atm I have skar coaxil in them, I have 2.75s on the dash but I have tweeters in place of them atm. What is a good loud and clear set, should I do a diff size in the front doors other then the 6x9s and are components the way to go ? I was looking at db arnolds but needing 2.75s for the dash so wasnt sure about mixing diff brands. All ik is bass so I don't know awhole lot about crossovers and staging etc. Any help and knowledge would be appreciated. TIA!

Those Arnolds are loud enough for big subs. Plus, they are above the entry level pro speakers so the sound is better.
I don't know alot about mids and highs but I see they cut off at 200hz. My system is tuned low and I don't have much of a response over 60 hz so I'm wondering if I should get something with both midbass and vocals or if those with my subs will be enough.

I don't know alot about mids and highs but I see they cut off at 200hz. My system is tuned low and I don't have much of a response over 60 hz so I'm wondering if I should get something with both midbass and vocals or if those with my subs will be enough.
My nephew has 4 of these with 2 SA10. Sound is pretty well rounded out but it may have to do with the SA subs playing higher than your setup. This specs sheet says the Arnolds play from 100Hz.
Screenshot_20231120-120449~2.png

In my experience, many of the pro drivers sound like total crap run IB in doors and sound best in an enclosure. So far the best ones I’ve used are the crossfire xtpro series. I have 4 of the 6.5’s in custom doors sealed in .2 cubes each with 150 w being sent to each. These will actually start grabbing air in the upper 40 hz range and have solid output from 60 hz and up. They do get very loud but they actually sound good doing it.

I agree with DJ. Pro style speakers are designed for large ported enclosures and lack bottom end without an enclosure. Plus they tend to suffer from break up and need a powerful equalizer to tame the bad frequency response.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...