US Acoustics USA 4050 Zed made

JoshC
10+ year member

The Taco MASTA
Houston, tx
Looking to upgrade my highs amp(db A5) to something of higher quality, i ran into a usa 4050 "Zed made".

I know alot of people say if its Zed its very good, but how underrated would you say? Just want to make sure it will have my front stage keeping up with my 1K obsidian stage.

I have hertz HV165s on DDt2 tweets, the backs are a set of infinity kappa 2-ways. Should this amp be sufficient? Or do i need more powa for the hertz

I have no experience with us or zed, this is why i ask. Thanks

The USA's were some of my all time favorites. I would venture to guess it will be in the range of 4 x 75 instead of 50. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

The USA's were some of my all time favorites. I would venture to guess it will be in the range of 4 x 75 instead of 50. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
So you think it will be plenty then? Im pretty excited to be getting such a highly spoken of amp, havnt read a single remark that calls them less then extrodinary.

I also read that 50x4@4 rating is at 12v, so at 14 it should be plenty for my front stage

EIDT: just checked the manual online, its rating is at 12.9V

i own the usx 600f. i will never part with it.

big ol a/b 2 channel. internally cooled, smexy blue board. mmhmm.

does a ways over rated..

us acoustics are great amps for sure.

i own the usx 600f. i will never part with it.big ol a/b 2 channel. internally cooled, smexy blue board. mmhmm.

does a ways over rated..

us acoustics are great amps for sure.
Cool //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif I was just out at my truck wondering if i wanna give up my tiny 90x4 but im hoping my front stage will sound cleaner on the US vs my db

Last edited by a moderator:
Would you guys consider this an upgrade? Going from a db A5 90.4 to this US acustics? I just dont want to get it and be dissapointed

I have had just about the entire collection of those amps/USA II Series, and I can tell you that it will be around that 75 rms x 4 @13.5-14v and possibly a bit more.I would say that it would be an SQ upgrade by far.It will be so much Clear and crisp than just about any amplifier of todays market, without shelling out your wallet, and you need no more than a 35amp fuse for it I believe,and LOL..10ga supply wire! You will be pleased with that amp,it should be plenty of power to push those speakers.I mean..Take a look @ an Old school Mean Machine 44 by Zed Audio/Steve Mantz= @ 2ohms and @ 12:eek:o position,0 bass boost, and 0 treble, It pushed the crap out of an old school Cerwin Vega 1000rms dvc4 12in, and with Authority! I had a 4060, that was very Loud and smooth,4080/6300,2075/2050h/2150/2100,and some of the best amps made in my opinion.They were all the USA Series II version.Alphasonic also had a couple that looked the same, and had the same specs.All are Zed amps, and Sound Fantastic.Kicker would be to get it at 2ohms stereo, and really experience the power of that Zed Jewel, and the clarity/crisp power it creates that you cant buy anymore,without opening up that wallet for a real power house.Only 4ohms Mono/bridged though,but hits clean and pretty Brute! The TDH is pretty clean, as well..o.o1%,and all the ratings within the specs pamphlet are @12.9v.I have an Original specs manual, if you need any info.Which version is it?/Pic?Id recommend it, and if you dont like it,I will be more than happy to grab it up @ a reasonable price if for sale:D

I have had just about the entire collection of those amps/USA II Series, and I can tell you that it will be around that 75 rms x 4 @13.5-14v and possibly a bit more.I would say that it would be an SQ upgrade by far.It will be so much Clear and crisp than just about any amplifier of todays market, without shelling out your wallet, and you need no more than a 35amp fuse for it I believe,and LOL..10ga supply wire! You will be pleased with that amp,it should be plenty of power to push those speakers.I mean..Take a look @ an Old school Mean Machine 44 by Zed Audio/Steve Mantz= @ 2ohms and @ 12:eek:o position,0 bass boost, and 0 treble, It pushed the crap out of an old school Cerwin Vega 1000rms dvc4 12in, and with Authority! I had a 4060, that was very Loud and smooth,4080/6300,2075/2050h/2150/2100,and some of the best amps made in my opinion.They were all the USA Series II version.Alphasonic also had a couple that looked the same, and had the same specs.All are Zed amps, and Sound Fantastic.Kicker would be to get it at 2ohms stereo, and really experience the power of that Zed Jewel, and the clarity/crisp power it creates that you cant buy anymore,without opening up that wallet for a real power house.Only 4ohms Mono/bridged though,but hits clean and pretty Brute! The TDH is pretty clean, as well..o.o1%,and all the ratings within the specs pamphlet are @12.9v.I have an Original specs manual, if you need any info.Which version is it?/Pic?Id recommend it, and if you dont like it,I will be more than happy to grab it up @ a reasonable price if for sale:D
http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh127/lil7mm/SD531835.jpg

Yea im just wanting a higher quailty high stage amp to match up with my memphis. Plus theres hertz up front so i think they deserve something really nice

^^I almost bought that one a while ago. I have 4 of the chrome ones now: a 4050, 2075, and teo 2100's...very nice amps.
lol Well im glad you didnt, because then i wouldnt be getting it //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

He also has a nice eclipse i wanted, but its a kinda large and i has no room in my single cab lol

There is a 4080 on ebay I have been watching.Great amps.Id say that the new amplifiers that come close to the quality of a Zed amp ,in my opinion would be a JL, and youre gonna pay for it??Jl make some really good amps also, but just seems that a Zed is so much more warm, and richer in sound difference to me.The TDH speaks for itself.My next set up will be all Zed Old school Cheaters.Pure power with SQ quality as well.

Cool cool im going to make the trade. Like i said the entire point was to up the quailty for my highs, so i think this is going to do the trick, old school goodness

I wouldn't hesitate on the USAcoutics USA series. They were one of the best reasonable priced A/B amplifiers of their time.
They certainly were, and still are today.15 yrs+, and still shelling out pure /clean power.Great amps.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.