US Acoustics USA 4050 Zed made

I have a USX 4065 in one of my cars for about 6 years now. A common complaint is that they were subject to alternator whine, which I had to deal with on mine. Great power and very clean otherwise.

I have a USX 4065 in one of my cars for about 6 years now. A common complaint is that they were subject to alternator whine, which I had to deal with on mine. Great power and very clean otherwise.
What do you mean alternator whine?

What do you mean alternator whine?
Inputs aren't differential, the RCA's are chassis ground. Slightest ground loop problem and you get alternator noise. My install has a Pioneer HU, which are also famous for ground problems. Bad combination. I remember reading here on the forum that the 4085 and 4065 were particularly sensitive to that. Just throwin' it out there...

Inputs aren't differential, the RCA's are chassis ground. Slightest ground loop problem and you get alternator noise. My install has a Pioneer HU, which are also famous for ground problems. Bad combination. I remember reading here on the forum that the 4085 and 4065 were particularly sensitive to that. Just throwin' it out there...
Hm well ill keep that in mind, although my deal is for a 4050

Well i ended up buying a US acoustics USX4065 on ebay, hoping it will deliver a good 75wrms to the fronts and just 50 for the rears. Hoping for better sound vs the db A5 thats in there. I realised the 90wrms its set for is at a max volume of 28 and i never turn it past 25 so this amp should be plenty. Just wanting a warmer/richer sound

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.