US Amp repair worth it?

dino velvet
10+ year member

TX
So I have an old school 2 channel US Amps, model US-250C or US-2500 hard to make out last digit. It stopped working some time ago & recently I took off the bottom panel for shits & giggles. Anywho, I see a few burnt resistors that are the obvoius problem & was wondering if its possible to replace them or if its more trouble than its worth?

I could post some pics if needed. I've had this amp for bout 15 years so maybe its time has come? It was powering some rear fill components, thinking of a newer US Amps as replacement. Opinions?

Thanks

Here are a few pics I just shot. It could be a fun project to repair if someone has any idea of where to get the resistors & how to find out their values, etc.

PM or post the specs of your amp & what $ you want. I've been eyeing one of these to replace this amp for the components.

259yjon.jpg

14ub71i.jpg

55ntye.jpg

I wouldn't let go of my USA150... Its never been unbolted from my old dual 8" rockford fosgate bandpass enclosure. For 300W when bridged... that sucker has the cleanest strong sound it amazes you.

Resistors aren't hard to replace or find. Can't tell what wattage they are though and if they are badly burnt you probably can't read the color codes on them. I'd keep asking around to see if anybody can offer you some advice.

That amp will need stripped down, channel outputs replaced, channel drive circuitry replaced, resistors replaced and the powersupply may or may not be damaged by the channel. That amp has the potential to be an expensive repair.

I would get it fixed but then again i just get attached to things. I have an Alphasonik pma 1200d that i have had for about 5-6 years and three caps exploded. I put it in the shop its costing me about $350 to get fixed, im still waiting for it to get done now. Dont know how confident i will be in it but i guess i will have to see what happens

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.