Value of these classic Alpine & Clarion tape decks?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Suicide Bobb
5,000+ posts

SPLC Fails
So I've had these decks for a long time...both work perfectly (haven't tested the Alpine's preouts though, don't have anything to connect the wires to), the Alpine is in 9.5/10 condition, and the Clarion is in 9/10 condition.

The Alpine 7835 has that cool green glow (I'm colorblind, correct me if I'm wrong) through the clear buttons. The Clarion 2500R looks like a factory deck, but the wiring says otherwise to me. I could be wrong though.

Anyone have any idea what these are worth, if anything? I have a feeling the Alpine could be worth a pretty penny to the right buyer...

DSC03961.jpg

DSC03962.jpg

DSC03963.jpg

DSC03964.jpg

I'd say Tue Alpine maybe $40 ot so and the Clarion does appear to be faxrory, mid 80s if I had to choose. There's nothing about the Clarion that says after market to me. It's value...... $10 maybe if it works.

You're catering to a very select specialized collecting audience. Hard to put a definitive value as their's not a plethora of them available nor ppl looking for them. The Alpine (it's a 7385 btw) could bring $20 or $120, it's all about finding that one right buyer. The Clarion, well that's probably only going to be attractive to someone looking to restore the vehicle that it came out of. Again, if you find that guy you could get lucky, otherwise I don't see it being worth much of anything.

You're catering to a very select specialized collecting audience. Hard to put a definitive value as their's not a plethora of them available nor ppl looking for them. The Alpine (it's a 7385 btw) could bring $20 or $120, it's all about finding that one right buyer. The Clarion, well that's probably only going to be attractive to someone looking to restore the vehicle that it came out of. Again, if you find that guy you could get lucky, otherwise I don't see it being worth much of anything.
Thanks, that was what I was looking for. I know that they are a niche product at this point, and I was only wondering what the value to said market would be.

I'm a Clarion collector, mostly the HU's, and that's not one I'd care to have. IF you could find someone doing a restore, as stated above, then you could get more, it just comes down to how willing you are to look and/or wait for that one person.

In my collection of Clarion HU's,

ADCS-1

Auto PC 310

7770 w/the 920EQ

DRX9375r w/the DPH9300

DRX9575Rz

if that had been an Alpine 7618 in that shape it would be worth $200+ because of the digital outputs and changer control abilities....but that model would bring between $20-$100 on ebay if you started it at $19.95 i figure it would sell....but could go up from a collector from there....and the Claion about $20 unles you could find the specific vehicle it could bring more....It looks like a 1.5 din which fit a lot of GM and Chrysler vehicles in the 80's ...several companies made OEM style radios for upgrade the factory AM or AM/FM or just a bad factory cassette deck because dealerships had very over inflated prices........having the Silver finish i'm thinking maybe its for a Chrysler...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.