Vent pole spacing needed?

oxsign
5,000+ posts

No Affiliation
Orlando, FL
So I took the rear seat out of my crew-cab, re-drilled the seat brackets (again), got another 1" out of it. So now I've moved the rear seat up a total of about 2.25" to try to get these subs to fit, lol. Now the sub clears the seat by about 3/4"-1", but the rear of the sub (magnet) is up against the back of the box at an angle. I have about 3/4"-1" between the vent pole opening and the back of the box. How much more do I really need?

Clearance002.jpg

Clearance001.jpg

Clearance003.jpg

yea dont let the motor touch the box. mark where it hits take a router and take out some of the mdf then resin there...

u have plenty of room for u pole vent.

Won't you gain 3/4'' once you add the front baffle???
Nope, you'll see after I post pix. The front is sitting inside the "sides, top, & bottom". //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

how much of a gap should there be inbetween the pole vent and back of box? atleast 1/2" or so?

im cutting it close with one of my 18" DP's in my single 18" ported box, looks like ill have about 1/2" of airspace behind the motor. there is a brace going from baffle to the back though, so it wont flex and physically hit the back, i just want to make sure there is proper ventilation. there is a gap inbetween the motor and basket anyways, probably 1/4", so that should allow for sufficient cooling i think

Nope, you'll see after I post pix. The front is sitting inside the "sides, top, & bottom". //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif
...not a good idea, imo. When you slide in the front baffle, the sides, top and bottom will just scrap off all the wood glue.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.