Very first build, going for SQ tell me what you think.

You will never notice class a/b and d difference on a sub, and not on speakers either when your driving. I would defiantly go with the sundown amp

You will never notice class a/b and d difference on a sub, and not on speakers either when your driving. I would defiantly go with the sundown amp
I had a class a/b 4 channel amp from rockford fosgate powering rockford subs, the SQ ******, tho its the subs fault. I have a class d mono amp powering to SQ subs, and they sound amazing.

So i agree u might notice a difference, but doubtful, at least with a good brand amp

Ok I will just go with the Audioque 1200d would that be to much power for an ascendant audio avalanche in a sealed box If i run it @ 1ohm with the gain all the way down? I know they are rated to 800rms but I have read of many people running 1000rms to it and that 1200rms is about the limit without having thermal problems.

Ok I will just go with the Audioque 1200d would that be to much power for an ascendant audio avalanche in a sealed box If i run it @ 1ohm with the gain all the way down? I know they are rated to 800rms but I have read of many people running 1000rms to it and that 1200rms is about the limit without having thermal problems.
i didnt read what ohm and voice coil ur sub is, but if u can run it at 2 ohms for 870w rms

So I managed to build a 3.061 cubic foot sealed box for my 15 and I kinda ran into a problem, to me my 15 sounds less tight then my friends 2 12's that are sealed. I've never heard a 15 in a sealed enclosure but was expecting it to have a more tight response my friends said it sounded really good but it was like halfway in between the way a sealed and a ported box sounds. The low end is insane. Some other things I think could be effecting my problem is box bracing, I have no bracing my box and it vibrates ever so slightly, I also will fix the huge peak in the low end from the cabin gain. What I did to test my sub was I hooked it up to my friends amp for his 2 12's and i left all the settings the same and there was no subsonic filter so I would not know what that was at. Ive read up a lot on the q of a sub woofer box and mine according to winISD is .713. I'm not sure if I should aim for a higher or lower q with a bigger or smaller box since I'm putting this in a single cab and yes I can make it fit behind the seat now :] I also know the cabin gain will be different in my truck and that the q I have for my box is supposed to sound the most musical.Please let me know what I can do to fix my not so tight bass its tight but not as tight as I had expected. I forgot to add that my friends 12's are just something he bought from pep boys there made by spx audio it was cheap.

kick panels. I have fiberglassed and molded both corners and here are some pictures

fiberglass2.jpg

this is not the angle I will be using I still have to figure out the imaging which im going to do today. this was also my first time fiberglassing so cut me some slack

fiberglass1.jpg

This is the angle I came up with using a rod glued to the baffle for both sides but it seems to extreme as it leans to far back and points up to much.I pointed and glued thinking it was good. I emailed the pictures to cdt audio and they told me it looed "good" but I have to disagree I threw my speakers in some towels and angled them more like in their pictures on thier website and with no time alignment and the balance -1 on left side. I have all the sound being pretty centered I am not sure what to do to "raise" the sound stage as it seems to be coming from the front of the dash not on top and lacks some depth. This is what baffles me, I had the time alignment set for 51.4cm of delay for the left side to make it centered before i did the towel thing and when I changed the angles to more pointing at the opposites listener face the sound stage moved way to the far right and turning t/a sounded the best. I will be recreating the angles and use back strap or whatever it is called to get the angles the same. The tweeters I will aim for the rear view mirror. Any suggestions to make this sound awesome that will save me some time. I have read of the marking the window with tape 5 inches forward and 1.5' down from the listeners ear and aim for that for both tweeters and mid range speakers.

I found a job and will be building the box hopefully this weekend and possibly ordering the aq1200d to power the avalanche. I also plan on getting the Diamond audio D3 used for caco it puts out 75w rms x 4 channels at 4 ohms to power my cdt audio cl61A's. does the amps sound quality compete with brands like sundown for the price or maybe audioque and alpine. From what I have read they do very well is SQ. But I always like a second opinion.

speakers-1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
bump

Someone has to have suggestions for getting perfect imaging. from what I have read you adjust the balance, then test the phase with an in phase out of phase test track with that girls voice and adjust - + until it sounds the most centered for both sides, but the problem is that has to be done after they are angled permanantly. I have readjusted many times and not sure what is a good method for good imaging.

well ur off to a good start.. i would try shrinking the box down to around 2 cubes and see what that gives u ... also from the looks of the last picture u mid looks to be aimed at the ceiling..... speaker position is wht is going to give u good imaging i would try aiming the driver mid and tweet at the passenger headrest and the pasenger mid and tweet at the driver headrest....... as far as getting centered image u need to play with the T/A not the phase.. might help ur stage height to put the tweets in the A-pillars ... if u have anymore questions shoot me a PM

well I took the term aim at the rear view mirror/sunroof location to literally lol. that makes me feel that CDT audio's support doesnt want to help me, they should of been like wtf when they saw that rather then being like looks good. That is why The way I have it now aimed with towels ghetto I know, towards the opposite windows, sounds a lot better.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

ExplsvCookie257

10+ year member
ExplsvCookie257
Maryland
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from