Viper 5701

You do know how to properly shut down the the alarm while its blaring, without the remote, right? (or did you try that as well?)
I had no valet button installed apparently.

The only option was the remote or unplug the brain. I had a backup battery as well. My brain was so well hidden I couldnt access it quickly and the alarm was going off in my old apartment parking lot pissing people off so I just cut the siren wire and then unplugged the brain.

---------- Post added at 09:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:45 PM ----------

All good information guys. Thanks!
I ended up going out to my car today and said "screw it lets try the remote." Well wouldn't you know the alarm works and everything is back to normal. So weird! Now I'm thinking the shop put in a bad ground. Thanks for all the suggestions guys!

I'll have to keep my a close full watch on this alarm now.
Yea mine did that too your brain is definately going bad though so be careful if you arm it and your remote starts responding.

Anyways its not a huge deal if you cant get a free one from Directed or your installer just buy one for under $100 and have the installer put it in for free

I have this same alarm in my wife's car...the valet button is part of the antenna. So as long as the antenna is plugged in, there is a good chance the valet switch is as well.

I have this same alarm in my wife's car...the valet button is part of the antenna. So as long as the antenna is plugged in, there is a good chance the valet switch is as well.
Not on a clifford 50.5x, which is what SourDeez had. On a 5701 (OP), correct.

DEI units won't operate at all without the antenna plugged in.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.