Viper 5901 Remote Star in 05 Ford Focus

Alright, thanks everyone! I didn't get the whole transmission thing from the beginning because even if there was one, I can't imagine it being $75 worth of labor. Maybe she was thinking they still had to use the 689M module or something. They were really busy that day so I'll give them the benefit of doubt the doubt until I talk to them again.

75 is likely for clutch bypass instead of programming btw
Thats what I was thinking they might have been talking about. If I am correct the 5901 doesn't need anything extra for a manual transmission? From my understanding it comes already programmed and there is no need for any extra modules for the manual transmission in the 5901

no modules but maybe a relay and some labor for the clutch bypass
Alright, I think I'm just gonna let them do the install. I know they do alot of them and I also just called. She said there is a little extra involved and they just did a car like mine a month or so ago, so I know they have done them before. They are supposed to be one of the better shops around and they still come out cheaper than any other place around here. From my experience the prices are always a little higher around Wisconsin it seem compared to other places. Some places I called were closer to $800 for this system installed. They also do all soldering compared to some other places that said they used crimp connections. I will post back after I get installed and share my experience with them.

So I got it the Viper installed. The installer did a great job and hid everything nice and tight and soldered all the connections. It ended up costing me $585 for everything installed which is alot less than first quoted. They quoted those things just to be on the safe side.

He was still working on it 2 hrs. after they closed on Friday so I wanted to get out and so did they so I didn't have much time to spend with them after it was installed.

There is one issue I have had and havent been able to call because they are closed for the weekend, and I thought maybe someone on here could answer.

After I set the car and prepare the manual trans for remote start, I get out and arm and the car shuts down as it should. About 10-15 mins later the alarm goes off for no reason and it says shock sensor. Why would this be? It only happens in remote start mode.

Any suggestions to why that is?

Im thinking it has something to do with a computer that shuts down (roughly 10 mins after you lock the car).. like something feeds back through a particular line.. All they would have to do is find the wire and add a diode or relay. That or the brain is bad, which is entirely possible.. seems very odd that it only happens when you set it up in manual mode. Id just take it back to the shop, its def not a programming setting if thats what you're thinking.

Im thinking it has something to do with a computer that shuts down (roughly 10 mins after you lock the car).. like something feeds back through a particular line.. All they would have to do is find the wire and add a diode or relay. That or the brain is bad, which is entirely possible.. seems very odd that it only happens when you set it up in manual mode. Id just take it back to the shop, its def not a programming setting if thats what you're thinking.
Well it now has been happening in regular arming too. Probably I didnt realize because I was normally arming in r/s mode. I was thinking it might be feedback like you said or maybe a dead brain.

I was just trying to diagnose before I would have to take it in because the shop is 1.5 hrs. away and I don't move back down to where the shop is for another 2 months, so I would have to take an extra trip.

that ***** its that far away, but id highly suggest taking it back, you're in for a headache if you try to diagnose the problem yourself, not to mention if you go in there and play around you very well may lose your labor warranty. Also, if its a dead brain, theres nothing you'll be able to fix cept buying a new one, but they could just replace it on site.

that ***** its that far away, but id highly suggest taking it back, you're in for a headache if you try to diagnose the problem yourself, not to mention if you go in there and play around you very well may lose your labor warranty. Also, if its a dead brain, theres nothing you'll be able to fix cept buying a new one, but they could just replace it on site.
Oh no, I would never mess with something myself on it. I was just trying to determine a possible cause and whether its user related at all (but I have read the whole manual and really wouldnt be able to cause this anyways). I'll probably take it down one of these weekends.

#1 reason I bought from a dealer and installed was because of the warranty with possible issues like this.

exactly. Im beginning to think its a brain issue, as the shock sensor on these units are built in (they aren't a separate piece). It comes back to the remote as a shock alarm, and there really isnt any wire hooked up to any sensor because again it is built in. Ive seen funky issues with these brains as well.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.