Viper 5901 saved my *** (and my system . . . . this time)

true. You really have to read read read to be sure when yo use it. Lots of the lines are blurry. and you would be surprised. The class I took they had to shoot one shot out of a .22 hand gun and hit a 2' by 2' box from about 6' away. They give permits to anyone. you have to go out yourself and practice. and I can hit a coke can from 30 yards but theres no telling if I was under pressure. hard to imagine. Hope I never have to. I want to hear the story on here where someone catches the guy hanging out the window and just beats the dog **** out of them then calls the cops.. lol.. **** thieves always get away
Yessir. Lots of people get their permits, without even reading into it. But a lot of these people also just keep their guns at home. I plan to get mine within the next six months, and plan to do nothing but read and reread every little bit of information I can gather before doing so.

Yessir. Lots of people get their permits, without even reading into it. But a lot of these people also just keep their guns at home. I plan to get mine within the next six months, and plan to do nothing but read and reread every little bit of information I can gather before doing so.
ya. really need to have your mind made up what you are going to do given any situation so you know in advance and just hope it never comes. but most of what I have read you can only use it if they have a weapon or directly threaten your life or you can use it to stop a crime of rape, kidnapping etc.. and then of course protecting your home.. but really thats about it..

ya you can in LA.. its more of a problem down there then most places.. I was in baton rouge for awhile and im sorry man but that whole state is just rough

ya. really need to have your mind made up what you are going to do given any situation so you know in advance and just hope it never comes. but most of what I have read you can only use it if they have a weapon or directly threaten your life or you can use it to stop a crime of rape, kidnapping etc.. and then of course protecting your home.. but really thats about it..
I am PRETTY sure, not 100%, but pretty sure that you can't use your pistol to stop another crime. I mean, in hindsight, you may be let go because of your actions as trying to be a hero, but I am pretty sure the law says you can not use it to stop another crime. But again, I don't have my permit yet, so I am not 100% sure. Detroit is pretty rough as well. Downtown and Midtown are nothing but beautiful, but going to the inner city on the eastside, shiz is like a whole nother country.

ya.. really need to have your mind made up what you are going to do given any situation so you know in advance and just hope it never comes.
The thing is adrenaline & emotions come into play if and when the situation ever does come.. so the outcome is really unpredictable even if you have thought it out as to what you will do.

Ya you will feel it. There is a reason the cops dont use them anymore. to be honest you can take hits of those and keep coming. especially the methheads where im from you would have to hit them in the head or heart. If you are that good of a shot under pressure be my guest.. Ill keep my .45 and just blow off a leg
i really would not want to do that. if i was going to shoot, i will shoot to kill. cops ask what happen, i would just say "officer, this person was trying to attack me, i was in fear of my life, and i did what i did to protect myself, my family...etc" they look at the dead guy, cant ask him anything because that lifeless body is on the floor. but if you just wound a robber, or anyone fearing your life, they can come back and take you to civil court and sue you for disability charges and whatnot. it happens a lot. so next time you gonna shoot someone, shoot to kill. even cops will tell you that to save yourself the trouble. BUT, if the person tries to come up with any of your equipment in your vehicle, in your driveway (some states prohibit shooting robbers on the driveway), a decision goes into place, a $500 deductable from the insurance, or a $5000 or more charge for lawers fees, court fees and all that while trying to clear your name in court. something ppl have to think about. even the deceased family can sue the shooter(in most cases, homeowners). ***** but thats how our ****** system works

and last time I checked in most states you cant shoot someone breaking into your vehicle. I have a conceled license good for 38 states and even if you are int he vehicle if they are not threatening your life you have to just give them the vehicle...
It's a pretty gray area. It was explained to me like this, never shoot someone in the back...you will go to Jail. If someone is breaking into your car, you have every right to confront them, if there is any indication of aggression from the perp, or you "feel" at all intimidated, you can shoot them, in the front, at close proximity. Basically, grab them, hit them or whatever, make sure they hit, push, grab you in the scuffle, then shoot them in self defense......!

That's the alarm I had, just stock alarm now. Make your box heavy enough and no one can steal **** from you //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.