Viper 5901 saved my *** (and my system . . . . this time)

or move to Maine where its "the most peaceful state in the country" //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/eek.gif.771b7a90cf45cabdc554ff1121c21c4a.gif

true. You really have to read read read to be sure when yo use it. Lots of the lines are blurry. and you would be surprised. The class I took they had to shoot one shot out of a .22 hand gun and hit a 2' by 2' box from about 6' away. They give permits to anyone.
thats scary. in ohio its a 8 hour class and 4 hours on the range. we went through around 150 rounds each. and the standards for ohio are going to be going up again in the next year or two.

its sad that some states dont actually take the time to teach people.

also in ohio laws were just passed/are being passed that make it legal to use your weapon to defend yourself and your property. as well as being allowed to carry your weapon into places that have class d liquor licenses as long as you are not consuming any alcohol.

Where is the best place to get some piezo sirens from?
Search Google for DEI 513T

What add ons should I have installed to my Viper 5901?
There are a few, but the most important are battery back ups.. both battery (DEI 520T or larger) & siren (DEI 515R). I would highly recommend multiple sirens along with the proper sensors to detect for your specific needs (at least a good shock & pin switches for all entry points).

Search Google for DEI 513T

There are a few, but the most important are battery back ups.. both battery (DEI 520T or larger) & siren (DEI 515R). I would highly recommend multiple sirens along with the proper sensors to detect for your specific needs (at least a good shock & pin switches for all entry points).
I have a 82 malibu sedan so can i get sensors put on all four doors to let me know if any of them are open only the two front doors have added power locks. also if you were to up grade the siren that comes with the 5901 what would you recommend? The siren that comes with alarm seams to be puny to me not load enough where can i purchase one from?

I have a 82 Malibu Sedan. Can I get sensors put on all four doors to let me know if any of them are open? Only the two front doors have added power locks.
Yes. Usually you just connect to your existing door switches.. either positive or negative ground. There are separate pin switches that are usually used for hood & trunk.

Also.. if you were to upgrade the siren that comes with the 5901 what would you recommend? The siren that comes with alarm seems to be puny to me.. not loud enough. Where can I purchase one from?
I use 30w home security alarm sirens. Sometimes you have to cut with a hacksaw some of the plastic flare to fit. *Use the warble tone

702 | Ademco 30 watt Siren | Home Security Store

Search Google for 30 watt sirens

Yeah, should have popped a few rounds off into the air. They would have gotten the point //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif
Anything those hit could cause you a lawsuit or jail time.

Put the person messing with your car in the dirt. Word will spread and people won't mess with it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.