Viper alarms...

Participant count
  • Participant list

DIPayton
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
I was looking at Viper alarms and I have two questions.

1. Is a "Viper" alarm and "Valet" the same thing?

2. At local dealers, I saw a viper alarm at 2 of them. Both came with lifetime warranty and one place was charging $200 for the alarm and install... and then tax on top of that. The other place was charging $175 for the alarm and install. Is that a good price to be paying or should I look at something different? The place that was charging $200 is a much more trusted place by me personally so I may buy that.... am I getting ripped off by paying $200 for a Viper car alarm?

and one last thing, the valet alarm I saw was $170, but from a very sketchy place. Is Viper and Valet the same thing and work the same? or is the Valet alarm better?

thats a pretty good price for a viper alarm. i would make sure that there is a waranty on the INSTALLATION as well as the product because 90% of problems with alarms is falty installation. ive worked at bestbuy and the cheapest viper we sold was 250

if its $200 for a 791 thats a killer price...
but there is more than one model of viper, so please be more specific
yeah I just realised that too... I am going in to check what model it is later today. All that I know he said is there were remote, shock sensor, alarms to cover 4 doors, trunk and hood and in car motion detector. I figure that is all I need anyways.

i would make sure that there is a waranty on the INSTALLATION as well as the product because 90% of problems with alarms is falty installation. ive worked at bestbuy and the cheapest viper we sold was 250
not totally sure but wouldn't that all be a part of the same Lifetime warranty he offered me. He said as long as they install it, I have a lifetime warranty on it.

thats a great price for that alarm. Viper is IMO the best alarm out there. I have had several even with remote start and no problems. They can however be difficult to install and most the time they want more to install it because of hours of labor than the alarm cost.

well my local audio shop said $200 for the alarm and install together... and they said it comes with a lifetime warranty and it is one of the most trusted car audio shops around. They are also sound deadening my trunk for $60. I hope its all worth it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.