Voltage Drop, Electrical Upgrade Time

OUr getting more than one volt drops lol. Your meters are moving to slow to show it or its just wrong. Blso pretty much you arent seeing full rms put of those amps with stock electrical. Your sm4apl car with factory batt and alt isnt enough to hold it where you need it to be. Why cant you add some small batts in the back?
I don't play it as loud as most of y'all and run it into clipping. And I'm not adding anything until my HO alt comes in. The lowest mine has dropped is 12.9 on extremely demanding notes. I also don't play full tilt at idle. I start clipping at 34 and that's what everything is tuned at but usually only play at volume 25-28 and it works for me.

Just wait till you get the alternator installed. Should keep voltage steady for you. What amp did you get ?
I am running two amps.

A SoundQubed Q1-2200D and Q4-90.

People have said I shouldn't need a second battery to keep good voltage, but just some beefed up alt and hood battery.

Well that piece of junk factory battery doesnt help in the audio world. So actually yes even with it being a year old id look for a replacement AGM battery. Also you can google to learn about a high output alternator. Its simple ylure adding all this electrical junk to a car. The car wasnt designed to support all this stuff. The HO alt goves it the juice needed to support and run the new junk properly. Your factory battery doesnt have enough juice to do this either. You can search up here or google and you could learn a lot
I did search on here for Alternator and Battery advice, but I feel more comfortable getting feedback about my situation.

I got a basic understanding, but not the best. I'll keep up the research haha That's why I'm asking a billion questions every post :p

Thanks for the help, I really do appreciate it.

I run a rewound alt. Got it all dome local and its been great to me and I paid 140
Awesome. How much of an increase in output did you get? What is expected?

Get a HO alt and then a nice agm battery
I am having problems finding a battery that fits my car... Can a get a decent AGM battery at Autozone? I just wanna make sure it fits before I purchase it.

Big difference but then again I have a agm under the hood and batts in the back

I am running two amps.A SoundQubed Q1-2200D and Q4-90.

People have said I shouldn't need a second battery to keep good voltage, but just some beefed up alt and hood battery.

I did search on here for Alternator and Battery advice, but I feel more comfortable getting feedback about my situation.

I got a basic understanding, but not the best. I'll keep up the research haha That's why I'm asking a billion questions every post :p

Thanks for the help, I really do appreciate it.

Awesome. How much of an increase in output did you get? What is expected?

I am having problems finding a battery that fits my car... Can a get a decent AGM battery at Autozone? I just wanna make sure it fits before I purchase it.

find your group size and go from there, it's that simple. if mike has your group size he'll sell you one way cheaper than at a store.

if not, sams club AGM's are my favorite and the cheapest if you have a friend who will let you use their membership.

a HO alt or an AGM battery will both help, it's really up to you. if you have the money get both.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.