Voltage Drop

Participant count
  • Participant list

littlebeep3

NC
I have a 2008 accord, running an aftermarket head unit, hifonics amp, and 2 subs. About a week ago i was riding down the road after turning the amp up, possibly too high, and my subs quit working. Sometimes they work, most times, not. I'm not getting full voltage to my remote wire and i've tried rewiring and i get full power to the amp but it slowly fades. the amp is getting power, just not much at all. the blue lights on top are very dim, but the subs don't work at all now and my knob is getting no power. help please!

agreed, sounds like a ground issue.

an amplifier ground wire should have a properly sized ring terminal that is solidly bolted to the vehicle floor. paint should be sanded away from the grounding location. you should be able to attempt to wiggle the ground wire ring terminal with no movement. any deviation from this is a poor ground and will cause a low voltage reading.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.