Voltage fluctuation

Participant count
  • Participant list

loudenuff

CarAudio.com Elite
WA gwon?
Noticed this when I pulled my high output alternator out to have it repaired. Put my stock alt in, had a wet cell under hood and agm in the trunk. I did have two amps hooked up while the stock alt was in but drop didn't seem to be from the amp pulling. I disconnected both amps and ran it for two weeks and problem persisted. It'll go from 14.4 to 12.7/8 to 13 then back randomly. I reinstalled my ho alt about a week ago and the problem is still there. Doesn't appear to be any loose connections, but I've noticed a lot of corrosion on both terminals for the wet cell since putting the regular alternator in and I've had that battery for over a year prior with no corrosion? Any suggestions?

From what I've read online, everyone says you're not supposed to mix wet cells with agm. Maybe take the wet cell out of the equation and see if the problem persists?

From what I've read online, everyone says you're not supposed to mix wet cells with agm. Maybe take the wet cell out of the equation and see if the problem persists?
Weirdly enough I cleaned the corrosion and grounded the battery to another location and it started working fine.. I thought about that but I'm just going to buy another agm that would fit under the hood and toss the wet cell.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.