Voltmeter affordable and accurate any opinions

Participant count
  • Participant list
Looking for a good voltmeter preferably flat paneled .Was thinking the typical stinger or d4s voltmeter for 20$

But trying to use some Amazon rewards so its gotta be Amazon purchase. Are stingers pretty reputable and dial in to closely match alternator output with a meter .

Seems some other off brand makes as well.
I use this cheapo voltmeter.

Appears to be the same as the one on d4s but much cheaper. Just use a dmm to to make sure it is set correctly, if it is off, there is a dial inside the back that you can use a small flathead to adjust to correct reading.

dont overthink it

buy a stinger voltmeter, calibrate it (after running the leads) with a trusted DMM and call it a day. the inputs need to be into the actual amp terminals, not your batteri

Stinger would be my first option followed by xscorpion and if your just trying to be cheap I’ve ran the drok ones and had pretty good luck. Al 3 can be had off amazon. Like mentioned above. If you have 20$ get the stinger. The D4S looks like a rebranded drok that is 6$ off eBay

dont overthink it
buy a stinger voltmeter, calibrate it (after running the leads) with a trusted DMM and call it a day. the inputs need to be into the actual amp terminals, not your batteri
misconception if you have a difference in voltage between the two you have issues.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.