VW Passat CC build

Participant count
  • Participant list

DeruDog

UK
Hi all. I am getting ready to start buying stuff for my new build and would welcome any comments. My goal is sound quality for acoustic, vocals, blues, and rock at moderate volume levels.

Build will be 2-way components in the front and coaxials in the back, with passive crossovers. 10" sub in the rear deck.

Sound Deadener Showdown (SDS) Sound deadener and MLV

Focal 165 KR components, though I welcome opinions since I have not listened to them, yet.

Focal PC 165 coaxials

Gladen One 130.4 DSP - Class AB

Audison AP 1D Amp for the sub 310W@4Amp, Class D

Undecided on the SW, since I am not sure about going shallow or not

The 6.5s will go in the stock locations, as will the tweeters in the front. There is room for a three-way component system behind the grill as well, but having trolled the forums it seems like the improvement of sound would be negligible. Sub will be in a sealed box on the rear deck, about 4.5" deep.

Local shop will tune the system after install.

Any thoughts?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.