w7= poop...

muddin wolvy
10+ year member

After some craigslist hustlin, I wound up with a JL 12w7. I got quite a deal on it, but its not at all what i had hoped for giving JL's overrated rep. It's a decent sub, but can only take 1000w rms and it doesnt really like that. I hear the motor on the w7s are really good though, so im thinking of a recone to 15" using the w7s motor. Is this a good idea?? Does it sound like a good or bad idea?

TIA

Ill take it for the right price... or maybe a trade for another 12?
i wont because i look like someone who know absolutely nothing about car audio //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

I have an alphasonik pma1200d amp with the gained turned up 1/4 - 1/2 way. Bass boost is all the way off. I used a line-level so I can keep the factory HU (which derates the bass output at higher volumes i know). It came with a ported MTX box that I'm currently using.

I think part of it might be that I just had unrealistic expectations dropping from 2 15s to one 12... but a friend of mine has one loaded 15" FI BTL on 2000w rms MOJO amp with gain 1/4 way up and man did it put this w7 to shame.

I want what he has is what Im saying!!!! haha

I have an alphasonik pma1200d amp with the gained turned up 1/4 - 1/2 way. Bass boost is all the way off. I used a line-level so I can keep the factory HU (which derates the bass output at higher volumes i know). It came with a ported MTX box that I'm currently using.I think part of it might be that I just had unrealistic expectations dropping from 2 15s to one 12... but a friend of mine has one loaded 15" FI BTL on 2000w rms MOJO amp with gain 1/4 way up and man did it put this w7 to shame.

I want what he has is what Im saying!!!! haha
theres the problem...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

muddin wolvy

10+ year member
muddin wolvy
Henderson, KY
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from