wanna see guts of apsm-1500

Meh.
The one thing about the review that should be addressed is the claim that they won't heat up. I'm not saying they will under normal operation, but that is dependent on the actual application. If wiring is an issue or voltage is an issue it is very possible for it to heat up.

Could you take the amp and place it in a car with limited upgraded electrical and do some tests? I would like to see those. Also, anyway to get a video of the scope on the amp while clamping it? Would be nice to see.

its been posted already. and so what if it can't be wired for .5 ohms. it doesn't say its supposed to. any amp will have a possibility of a heat issue.

its been posted already. and so what if it can't be wired for .5 ohms. it doesn't say its supposed to. any amp will have a possibility of a heat issue.
He posted a video of scoping the amp and another video of clamping the amp. He did not post a video of him scoping the amp while clamping it.

It has not been posted. As IonRL205 said it was not in the same clip which is what I would be looking for from a testers stand point.

Also, in my post I did not specify the ohm load. The amp can actually get very hot at 4 ohm if it is in a poor install. So I was correcting the review so that people do not get the wrong idea. There is no way anyone can say the amp will never get warm as it is dependent on many things. All though what I am saying is for all amps, not just the amps in this discussion.

first things first who said it "wont" get warm?

second you cant use the o scope at the same time as clamping it. we adjusted gain with the amp same freq as we burped it for power reading.

third honestly why do people get so butt hurt over a review on a 120$ amplifier that they never plan on using? no real need to say anything until you have got one yourself and did your own testing. not "i think i know what im talking about but since i dont have one i dont"

good ol car audio .com at its finest.

second you cant use the o scope at the same time as clamping it. we adjusted gain with the amp same freq as we burped it for power reading.

third honestly why do people get so butt hurt over a review on a 120$ amplifier that they never plan on using? no real need to say anything until you have got one yourself and did your own testing. not "i think i know what im talking about but since i dont have one i dont"

I heard the APSM-1300 didn't too well below 25 hz, do you know if the 1500 is the same way?

Wow, out to attacking already? Really? I posted illegitimately and you do nothing but complain and suggest I am "but hurt". I am sorry you feel that way but perhaps you have it twisted on what is being suggested/said in this thread.

However, I will not quote or post back to you in this thread unless you can at least have a civil discussion with the need for suggesting any negativity in your posts. It only makes you look worse with out even having a debate.

As per your "warm/hot" please reread your post on the last page and see what I said per your post. If you want to start writing reviews then by all means do so, but be careful with what you say and how you say it. It will be taken the wrong way every time and thus paint a bad light on any product you review do to faulty information.

Just for the record, i do not mean you any disrespect at all. I'm just speaking from experience and issues I have had to over come in the past.

I heard the APSM-1300 didn't too well below 25 hz, do you know if the 1500 is the same way?
idk? i love the "i heard"

I heard if you build a ****** box that nothing will do well below 25hz.

i heard if the subsonic is too high that it wont play very low.

i know **** well that my apsm's DESTROYED below 25hz. i had 2 of them on 8 sa10s and i could slam as low as i could possibly find music. but thats what I "heard" from my setup.

honestly whos gives a **** what it does below 25hz its a 120$ amplifier. there is WAY WAY too many variables when trying to get output at a freq that low. maybe whomever said "it doesnt put out below 25hz" maybe they had an impedence rise of like 4ohm. of course it wouldnt put out because there is no power.

just my .02

idk? i love the "i heard"
I heard if you build a ****** box that nothing will do well below 25hz.

i heard if the subsonic is too high that it wont play very low.

i know **** well that my apsm's DESTROYED below 25hz. i had 2 of them on 8 sa10s and i could slam as low as i could possibly find music. but thats what I "heard" from my setup.

honestly whos gives a **** what it does below 25hz its a 120$ amplifier. there is WAY WAY too many variables when trying to get output at a freq that low. maybe whomever said "it doesnt put out below 25hz" maybe they had an impedence rise of like 4ohm. of course it wouldnt put out because there is no power.

just my .02
Well the person that said it plays below 25 hz just fine with his AQ2200D, but not with the APSM 1300. Wasn't sure if this was the same with the 1500

Just asking a simple question. You reviewed and tested it, and Im asking from your personal experience with it.

And I care what it does below 25 hz, or I wouldn't have asked.

Well the person that said it plays below 25 hz just fine with his AQ2200D, but not with the APSM 1300. Wasn't sure if this was the same with the 1500
Just asking a simple question. You reviewed and tested it, and Im asking from your personal experience with it.

And I care what it does below 25 hz, or I wouldn't have asked.
This is why I don't like asking questions when other people post "reviews". You are not always given a direct answer. Oh well, maybe one of these will find their way into my possession.

my setup is not designed to play 25hz. thats why i didnt review that low. we tested 34hz which is on the low end of the normal music freq range. how much more straight do you need than that? so if it does well at 25hz the next will be so how well does it do at 20hz. it will just go on and on.

This is why I don't like asking questions when other people post "reviews". You are not always given a direct answer. Oh well, maybe one of these will find their way into my possession.
I'm thinking about buying one just for the hell of it. If I do ill send it your way for testing. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif migh try 2 strapped in my set up if I'm not happy with the power I have now.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.