Well, killed the tc-3000 again

oh im sure of that, its just that this sort of thing happening twice makes me believe there is some other physics at work, otherwise id of seen more of this before.

If you want to, AIM me and we can talk about it....maybe I can help out //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/naughty.gif.94359f346c0f1259df8038d60b41863e.gif Id like to see pics of the box too if possible.
Yup, exactly my thought as well. Does the OP live in a fairly humid environment? Is it humid in the vehicle? TC subs don't simply rip apart like that by accident.

i will never buy a sub with an aluminum cone //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif
I've owned five TC Sounds built subs, all with Aluminum cones, and never had a single problem.

Anyways; I agree with Snoopdan. The fact that it happened twice in a row would lead me to believe it's something to do with the setup/install/enviornment rather than the product itself. Not that it's impossible you just got two defective units in a row, but rather unlikely or atleast not the primary cause.

Frankly, I can't see it being an issue with the box loading. There's something else that's affecting this, and it's not a power issue either...

Have both cones been used on the same motor/basket? Can a mis-alligned (angled) motor/basket create pressure points on the cone causing it to fatigue the metal in a certain point?

Have both cones been used on the same motor/basket? Can a mis-alligned (angled) motor/basket create pressure points on the cone causing it to fatigue the metal in a certain point?
not the way the cone / coil junction is attached on all of these subs....that junction would fail long before any metal fatigue anywhere else.

Now it IS possible there was just a failure in the way some of the cones were formed, if they were from the same lot of parts.....but to my knowledge I dont think TC has any part tracking ability (and most speaker companies dont stamp a part number on all the baskets or cones or the like) so thats not out of the question in my mind. But id think we'd see more of this elsewhere, and thats just not happenig. And beleive me ive blown up alot of TC sounds subs, and ive never seen one fail in the manner displayed here.

The OP should get on the phone and ask TC how this could happen and why did it happen twice in a row. Let them answer it, then share it here.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.