What’s the Best 6x9 for some bass?

terryracing86
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
missouri
So I have a 81 Malibu wagon and I’m running all DB drive speakers(6.5) in front kick panel and I have euphoria 12” subs in rear with fb drive tweeters in dash and running 2 db drive amps. The subs take up a lot of room and when I wanna go on longer cruises and take a cooler or chairs I need the room. So what’s a good pair of 6x9s for bass?

Attachments

• IMG_8905.jpeg
    IMG_8905.jpeg
    859.9 KB · Views: 25
Where do you plan on putting the 6x9s??
What amp do you plan on using for them? Do you want Subs up front or Like Rear Deck or?

If what you are looking for is a substitute for the subs to save space and still boom, I suggest a Bazooka Bass Tube. The BT8024DVC is a great candidate.
I was going to mention a Bazooka. It only makes senesce for the $ and situation. Good recommendation man

I was going to mention a Bazooka. It only makes senesce for the $ and situation. Good recommendation man
Yes, those tubes are sturdy so you can plop stuff on top of them without worry and it also has the grille to protect the cone. IMO the metal grilles looked better. The original tubes looked so clean with their sharp edges and tiny holes grille.

No 6x9 will give you bass anywhere close to the bass of a pair of 12’s no matter the quality of the 12’s. If you want a usable trunk you might want to consider a down firing shallow like the Alpine or Kickers with the passive radiators… that way you can toss stuff on top of the box.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...