what amp option should i use?

mazda6

i just got two alpine type r 12 2 ohm and a custom ported box specified to their specs. I dont know much about car audio so i need help picking out a good amp to make them pound. should i use one Kenwood Kac-9105D 1800-Watt Class D Mono Amplifier or two Kenwood Kac-8105D 1000-Watt Class D Mono Amplifier? both options are right around $200. i pretty much only listen to rap if that matters or not. Thanks for the help any other suggestion for my system are appreciated.

If you buy one amp you will need to wire both subs together, leaving your ohm options to 2 and .5 it doesn't look like that Kenwood Kac-9105D 1800-Watt Class D is 1ohm stable. So you might be better off wiring both subs @ 2ohms and running off the KAC-9105D. As for running 2 amps, your looking at a LOT more electrical cost for the build, not to mention gain matching and other head aches. Go for the single amp.. GL

ok is that a big enough amp for those subs? should i have gotten two 4 ohm type rs instead of getting two 2 ohm type rs? thanks for the help

There's a lot of good amps in the classifieds that would push those R's. If you're looking for brand new just go to Ebay and do a search for mono amplifiers. It'll bring up thousands. I liked the list that Timma100 had and I'd like to add MB Quart and Boston Acoustic to the mix.....

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.