What Amp should I get for 2 sony xplod 350 rated subs?

wskele

austin
I have two Sony EXPLOD subs installed. (Sony XS-GTX121LS 30-Centimeter Loaded-Enclosure Series). and they are currently wired to the factory sub in my 2002 Cadillac Deville.

I need to know what amp to order, I will be having a professional do the install and i want it to sound good. He will sure it from the existing factory wire and Use an LOC to connect to sub.

what amp would sound best for this setup?

The subs are in the trunk and here are the specs:

12"

4ohm

1200 watt max, 350 rated.

Thanks in advance

thanks for the suggestions, what subs do you recommend? and once again what amp would you suggest with my current setup, i already paid someone to install them so i just want to see what i can do that will sound alright.

thanks for the suggestions, what subs do you recommend? and once again what amp would you suggest with my current setup, i already paid someone to install them so i just want to see what i can do that will sound alright.
its hard to suggest anything with out knowing what you want to spend ,we can offer up $100 - $500 amps all day

What's the voice coil configuration on those subs if you're dead set on keeping them?
if i understand your question, and from the information i can get from the interweb: "4-ohm voice coil". but another site said single voice coil.

i am by no means an expert. i hope that clears anything up. my original post to start the thread has the information on the "model" of this sub.

if i understand your question, and from the information i can get from the interweb: "4-ohm voice coil". but another site said single voice coil.
i am by no means an expert. i hope that clears anything up. my original post to start the thread has the information on the "model" of this sub.
Alright, both of them wired in parallel will produce a final ohm load of 2. You'll want an amplifier that will put out somewhere around your subs RMS at 2 ohms.

so i will want a mono amp with my subs rms and 2 ohms?
Yup, that's what you want to look for. Many amp will wire below that (1ohm) but your concern will be the power output at 2ohms.
I'm glad to see everyone actually being helpful in the thread even if it's not equipment you would recommend.

So in the end you want an amplifer that will do around 350-400 watts RMS by 4ohms x 2 (2 channel amplifier), or an amplifier that will do around 700-800 watts RMS @ 2ohms x 1 (1 channel or mono or 2channel that is bridgeable)

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.