What amp to run on an Alpine type R SWR-12D4

topeteontop

i just bought the alpine SWR-12D4 rated to 1000 RMS , I'm having trouble deciding which amp to pair with this sub because alpine says it can take up to 1000 rms but a lot of people are saying this sub is overrated and is probably closer to the previous model with 600 rms, i don't want to overpower the sub if it is actually overrated and i dont want to over exhaust the amp if it actually is taking 1000 rms

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Similar threads

I'm running those in my pickup. There's no real "best amp" answer. You want something with really low THD, and 100-150w RMS per channel.
I recommend wiring to the 2 ohm load on the amp you stated you have, or you can wire to an 8 ohm load for amp stability. You can wire one sub to...
It would also be easy to add an equalizer to have individual rca inputs for all of the channels. A decent one can be had for less than $40...
NVX MVPA1 Best tiny amp Installed a bunch, but have one pushing a sealed 12 @ 2ohm in my daily beater Can bump it all day long and barely gets...

About this thread

topeteontop

topeteontop
corona,ca
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
DirtyDuzit