What brand will get customers in my shop?

Around my area all the neighborhood kids are running either Kicker or Rockford Fosgate, but most of the competitions i go to are pwned by Digital Designs.

JL is what my competition sells. I was leaning towards RE but ive heard the they are going under. Kicker is very popular in my area. Anyone know what kind of buy in they require? What Do you think of Rockford?
Not going to post here but if you are intersted I can pm you some contact info for a rep in your area well atleast part of wv not sure where you are

Not sure the buy in but I know you cant have a shop very close that carrys kicker as a line

Kicker,MTX,Memphis, are not a good idea, you will probably lose your ass, the net is flooded with the stuff, RF, JL, or Alpine will get you the most credibilty.

Unless you want to give away the product and just make your money on installation only.

A local shop of mine started selling soundstream, and now everyones hopping on the bandwagon and switching out their kicker and jl setups for soundstream. Now that they have a lot of cheaper products, they sell quick here..

RF's dealer cost on their products is too high imo, especially on the power series stuff. Besides, if you had kicker and RF kicker would get bought more because of brand recognition, and its not limited to 1 shop per territorial area (which JL is so I'm guessing you can't even carry that).

Also hifonics/crunch would sell well

Audiobahn if they were still around. People hate on Audiobahn, but they had high sales. Two demo cars would be good. Kicker and Pioneer are good. I don't think the brand matters that much if you had demo cars. People will buy whatever you can make sound good in the demo cars. Put a sign up saying that you have demo cars or listen before you buy. I'm not going to say JL because I think most would buy those of the internet. Try getting what customers want. Most shop owners don't like Infinity, Audiobahn, and Hifonics, but the average user does. Most people love those Infinity highs that some shop owners think are harsh. I hate JVC radios, but people buy them all day long. Jensen will sell too. I see too many people riding around with Jensen screens, and I hate Jensen. The average consumer is not that hard to please, but that's where I'm located. The car audio crowd might be different where you are?

Audiobahn if they were still around. People hate on Audiobahn, but they had high sales. Two demo cars would be good. Kicker and Pioneer are good. I don't think the brand matters that much if you had demo cars. People will buy whatever you can make sound good in the demo cars. Put a sign up saying that you have demo cars or listen before you buy. I'm not going to say JL because I think most would buy those of the internet. Try getting what customers want. Most shop owners don't like Infinity, Audiobahn, and Hifonics, but the average user does. Most people love those Infinity highs that some shop owners think are harsh. I hate JVC radios, but people buy them all day long. Jensen will sell too. I see too many people riding around with Jensen screens, and I hate Jensen. The average consumer is not that hard to please, but that's where I'm located. The car audio crowd might be different where you are?
A good system is 90% build //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Kicker,MTX,Memphis, are not a good idea, you will probably lose your ass, the net is flooded with the stuff, RF, JL, or Alpine will get you the most credibilty.Unless you want to give away the product and just make your money on installation only.
Memphis is actually one of the most dealer friendly brands out there that is well recognized, IMO. MUCH hard to find their stuff online at stupid cheap prices than Kicker, MTX, Rockford, and Alpine.

JL is also good but has high minimums.

Dealers that are willing to push a new product do well with Sundown -- most of my dealers also carry Memphis and/or DD as well.

Memphis is actually one of the most dealer friendly brands out there that is well recognized, IMO. MUCH hard to find their stuff online at stupid cheap prices than Kicker, MTX, Rockford, and Alpine.
JL is also good but has high minimums.

Dealers that are willing to push a new product do well with Sundown -- most of my dealers also carry Memphis and/or DD as well.
I think Memphis has a pretty large buy-in. Not JL large, but still reasonably large.

Edit: Memphis and Sundown would be a nice mix. I've never been a fan of the Memphis amps, but i've been a fan of their subs for years. Could run either a Sundown 1500 or 3000 on a single or dual memphis mojos, 2 or 3 M3s on a 1500, pair of m3s on a 1000.

I would have said DD but brand recognition would be an issue. I had never heard of them until I joined this site so a demo car would definitely be needed. The shop that carries Memphis around here has all of these dealer and customer service awards that Memphis has won over the years so I assume they are a breeze to work with. Alpine is a winner anywhere you go.

How about Cadence? They have awesome stuff but nobody carries the line. I had two Cadence 15's in my hatch on an A7HC and it friggin pounded.

I like the Soundstream idea too. Good stuff and made in the USA, which is always a selling point. Nobody carries thier stuff around here either. Most walk-in customers are just going to be looking for "bang for the buck," so on that note, I would say Cadence, Sounstream, or Memphis.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.