What brand will get customers in my shop?

look into dd...if you could do a medium sized setup in your car, they would be hooked.

PS. I too have heard the RE isnt doing so hot, and its getting harder to get product from them

When I was helping out at Mikes shop we sold Ascendant Audio, Soundstream, Pioneer radios, and mostly Stinger wiring (since the Stinger home office is a mile or two down the road).

The majority of systems were something like 2 Chaos 12s on some sort of Soundstream amp, with about 750rms each.

Around here I sell more Jensen Flip outs than anything. I sell more Maxonics(Crunch/Hifonics/Autotek) Amps/Subs than anything. I also sell alot of audiopipe Subs....

My Buddy is a kicker rep and He is the only one in the town allowed to have kicker auth. Another guys is a JL Rep and we can still carry JL. I cant buy Kicker Unless I buy from the auth rep(which i do since he gives good deals lol) There is also 3 Car Audio Shops that carry MTX, Power Bass, JVC, Sony, ect...

Kickers buy in isnt too bad at all IMO

JLs buy in is like $2500 quarterly....

Rockfords prices are too steep to there vendors P2 12s was like $115(my price) last year when I was carring them

JL is too expensive Kicker Is great for price but do with a company you love I love DD so I would sell DD and make sure you have a demo car so they know how loud they get.

A local started carring planet audio here and only a few of the old skool guys had heard of them. He paid me to do a install on his 02 Ford Taurus and demos 2 of there low line 15s in a prefab sealed box and a planet audio 1000.1 and all planet audio comps one a 1000.4 amp and Now he is selling the Planet Audio out the rear end... Im getting all of his installs from it...

Planet Audio Carries everything from CD Players, Amps, Subs, Comps, Ect... there cd players are inc also lol

Stick with the mainstream. JL, Kicker, Alpine, RF. Around here shops get most of there business from kids that dont know what they're doing.
Thats why we try and point them in the right direction, and help em understand JL and kicker arent all thats out there.

I sell Atomic, Tsuanmi, IA, - used to sell RE pretty well, aswell as Ascendant.

If you have an impressive shop vehicle, they will get whats in it.

Around here I sell more Jensen Flip outs than anything. I sell more Maxonics(Crunch/Hifonics/Autotek) Amps/Subs than anything. I also sell alot of audiopipe Subs....
My Buddy is a kicker rep and He is the only one in the town allowed to have kicker auth. Another guys is a JL Rep and we can still carry JL. I cant buy Kicker Unless I buy from the auth rep(which i do since he gives good deals lol) There is also 3 Car Audio Shops that carry MTX, Power Bass, JVC, Sony, ect...

Kickers buy in isnt too bad at all IMO

JLs buy in is like $2500 quarterly....

Rockfords prices are too steep to there vendors P2 12s was like $115(my price) last year when I was carring them
yeah because of you I see tons of audiopipe and crunch on craigslist //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif:p://content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/veryhappy.gif.fec4fed33b4a1279cf10bdd45a039dae.gif heck my ap15001d probably originated from you shop (this is not a bad thing, means you are moving product)

Memphis is actually one of the most dealer friendly brands out there that is well recognized, IMO. MUCH hard to find their stuff online at stupid cheap prices than Kicker, MTX, Rockford, and Alpine.
JL is also good but has high minimums.

Dealers that are willing to push a new product do well with Sundown -- most of my dealers also carry Memphis and/or DD as well.
what is your Buy-in mr. fuller???? for shops and for product reps????

What about JBL? A lot of people have some kind of JBL speaker in there home and once they see it in a car audio shop they may recognize it since JBL is everywhere and that may draw them in. Idk just my thoughts.

Not a JL fan but they will let any store carry it where kicker will make sure there is not another store to close so I would for sure pick up JL I would also look into another line that carrys cd players You have pioneer and jvc but maby one more Eclipse panasonic kenwood alpine ect
Panasonic has been gone for a year now.

Kicker,MTX,Memphis, are not a good idea, you will probably lose your ass, the net is flooded with the stuff, RF, JL, or Alpine will get you the most credibilty.Unless you want to give away the product and just make your money on installation only.

In 3 years I have only lost one Memphis sale to an online. And they ended up buying a descontinued line.

My advice would be to pick a good all around line. means they have subs, amps, coax, handy if they have a wire and interconnects also.

Memphis is a great line for this. Look at Audison/Hertz also.

I have a demo vehicle full of powerbass audio right now, thats why i sell do much PB. Im just trying to find one more line that is more high end than PB and will appeal more to customers. My competition carrys JL,memphis,and kicker so i need something that will compete. DD would be a great fit but they arent very well known in my area.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.