What car would you buy with a $13,000 budget?

2.4 liter v6 my bad. lmao always thought they were v4 for some reason...
no worries //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif specs of cars is something i have a similar level of knowledge about compared to you and your car audio smarts //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif The 2.4 is the inline 4 pot, honda moved the displacement on its V6's to 3.5 a few years back. My accord is one of the older 3.0s that get abysmal gas mileage. The intake plenums on my engine are so very pretty tho //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif reminds me a bit of the early 90's Taurus SHO engines which were done by Yamaha. Works of art IMO

in the long run after 150k miles then yeah probably some transmission issues will arise. Every car will have some sort of issues after awhile.
My mom has a '12 altima 2.5 I4 with the CVT. It only has around 60k miles on it and runs like a champ still. Its had a couple issues, but not with the trans The brake light sensor under the brake pedal failed and the brake lights wouldnt come on. Kinda silly thing to fail, but it did. Simple cheap fix tho. The V6 altimas with the CVT has been known to have issues, but it was a new technology at the time. Also, the Altima coupes are STUPIDLY overpriced on the used market for the most part, not sure why

i drove her altima from southeast South Dakota to pikes peak by way of montana (drove straight west then south for the scenic drive) and the CVT was faultless. It only had a little over 30k on the odometer at the time, but was completely worry free driving

My bro-n-law ran his optima into the ground. Never broke down once. He sold it a tick over 200k miles still running good. Not turbo tho. I wasnt aware the higher models had issues
yeah the motor week show has sort of stated build quality and nice interiors come from korea now, they tested a buick and said the interior is so nice it looks korean lol.. so they must make good cars, korean autos are held up as better than japs nice idk y i drive american, no problem but brake pads, battery, alt, belts but i do big maintennce every 4 yrs, trans fl, dexcool, fuel filter, change oil and air filter 1 time a yr..

Stay away from dodge
Kenwood X301& Sundown E-15 v3 5.8 CF Ported @34hz on PPI ICE2600
yeah i agree with this some are ok like chargers may not be bad but some repairs and very labor intensive (stuff hard to get to) guy that worked at adbance for like 22 ysr was standing outside a tire place 1 day i stopped he said his daughter dodge needed something on rear axle can't remember what but something usually takes 30mins said they had to take off whole rear end or axle or something at $90 hr labor..

ok, been searching and the look promising. I do see that they also have the CVT transmission. Do the Hondas not have the same problems as the Nissan Altimas with the CVT?
Honda's CVT's are a better but I still wouldn't buy one.

Of everything weve had, theres Toyota.....then theres everything else.

Ive had worst luck with Chevy. Owned a Saturn that was surprisingly reliable. My integra was good, not great. My malibu was worst car ive owned. My blazer isnt much better. Both camrys we've had have been excellent

yeah the motor week show has sort of stated build quality and nice interiors come from korea now, they tested a buick and said the interior is so nice it looks korean lol.. so they must make good cars, korean autos are held up as better than japs nice idk y i drive american, no problem but brake pads, battery, alt, belts but i do big maintennce every 4 yrs, trans fl, dexcool, fuel filter, change oil and air filter 1 time a yr..
i need to do some pads and the fuel gauge sensor (or maybe the cable). The gas gauge is pessimistic above and below a half tank and is SUPER optimistic right around the half tank area.

Of everything weve had, theres Toyota.....then theres everything else.
Ive had worst luck with Chevy. Owned a Saturn that was surprisingly reliable. My integra was good, not great. My malibu was worst car ive owned. My blazer isnt much better. Both camrys we've had have been excellent
what year camry did you have? and which model?

2004 4cyl got wrecked around 200k still driving perfect

So we got a 2003 4cyl that currently has 260k that still runs good. Neither has ever needed a repair beyond standard maintenence. Both automatics

what year camry did you have? and which model?
camrys are just so dull LOL they last forever, but in a vanilla, eggshell white, coffee with no sugar or creme kind of way. Get a Maxima, theyre unpredictable and FUN!! Or for the ultimate in unpredictability, get an Alfa Romeo!!! The Dodge Darts are made by Alfa, so you can get an Italian sports sedan with an American badge to ensure unreliability all the way around!!

When I made that original comment on Hyundai/Kia, I didn't mean to imply that everyone was guaranteed to have problems. However, I still stand by my statement. They constantly break. That doesn't mean its impossible to have good luck with one. If you drive it easy and take really good care of it, it should last. But its not a Honda, Nissan or Toyota. Those brands can take a lot more abuse. If anyone's really interested, pull up the recall list for these vehicles and compare them.

Not only that, Hyundai/Kia's attitude towards fixing stuff under warranty is not good at all. If a customer brings a car in for service and we find something wrong with it that's covered under warranty, the techs are not allowed to say anything. Unless the customer had a direct complaint that they initiate, it doesn't get fixed. Broken cars are given back to customers on a daily basis. I mean this literally, it happens every day. Compared to a company like Nissan/Infiniti, its a completely different attitude. If we find a problem on a Nissan, they want it fixed and we can get in trouble for not fixing it. Any Hyundai/Kia tech will tell you exactly the same thing I'm telling you.

When I made that original comment on Hyundai/Kia, I didn't mean to imply that everyone was guaranteed to have problems. However, I still stand by my statement. They constantly break. That doesn't mean its impossible to have good luck with one. If you drive it easy and take really good care of it, it should last. But its not a Honda, Nissan or Toyota. Those brands can take a lot more abuse. If anyone's really interested, pull up the recall list for these vehicles and compare them.
Not only that, Hyundai/Kia's attitude towards fixing stuff under warranty is not good at all. If a customer brings a car in for service and we find something wrong with it that's covered under warranty, the techs are not allowed to say anything. Unless the customer had a direct complaint that they initiate, it doesn't get fixed. Broken cars are given back to customers on a daily basis. I mean this literally, it happens every day. Compared to a company like Nissan/Infiniti, its a completely different attitude. If we find a problem on a Nissan, they want it fixed and we can get in trouble for not fixing it. Any Hyundai/Kia tech will tell you exactly the same thing I'm telling you.
Crap, i hope that this is a case by case thing cuz my dad just got a '17 Santa Fe on a lease. And while anemic when depressing the tall skinny pedal, its otherwise fairly decent so far. One thing i dont like is how the nav in it relies on the phone via android auto. Seems like an el-cheapo method of not having to put a GPS radio inside the stock deck. I mean, map updates done over a bluetooth connection utilizing the phones data connection is agreeable, but strictly relying upon the phone for every aspect of nav just seems chincy to me. Sadly, many mfg's are starting to get on this trend

dont get 2012.
Look for 2013 and up thats the latest gen which offers more horse power and waaay better fuel economy not to mention faster response. On sport mode, you step on the gas, you fly, while the v6 camry has a delayed reaction and sluggish acceleration in comparison. You'll smoke any stock camry(minus the SE) on a redlight with a v4 accord.

177 horse power and 23 mpg city 34hwy with 2012 and under

185 horse power and 27 mpg city 36hwy with 2013 and up.

Even the 2016 civic can smoke camrys on redlight wars lol but it has a major weight advantage. I fully turned a toyota family into a honda family when i had them test drive both cars. For everything you get along with the performance and overall superior drive, there's no comparison. HOWEVER if you wanna run a 3.5k amp + with a high output alt, you might want to look up how to do an ELD bypass for the alt charging.

if you do go altima get the 2014 version thats more horsepower than the 2013 one.

If you do get camry, the 2012 hybrid is actually faster and more responsive than the regular camry by far along with 43 mpg city, 39 hwy.

just like car audio, the year, make and model matters because performance varies a lot depending on what you buy. its just like guys thinking a pioneer head unit is a pioneer and totally disregarded that its a junk model with horrible audio features.
Seems like Toyota is starting to fall behind other manufacturers. I remember when Toyota was the epitome of reliability and was the gold standard along with Honda.

I still love Toyotas but with these other manufacturers starting to bring their "A" games out, I'm starting to have second thoughts as far as the cars are concerned. As far as mid size SUVs are concerned I'm still a Toyota fan when it comes to the 4runner. It seems like that's the only SUV in the market today that still looks like an SUV unlike the newer models that's trying to aim for that crossover look. Granted the Ford Explorer I'm starting to like the design but the Nissan Pathfinder, they totally butchered. The Pathfinder had one of the nicest designs around until they decided to make it more crossover looking.

Also Toyota needs to up their power output in all their vehicles. They're getting left behind by the other companies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seems like Toyota is starting to fall behind other manufacturers. I remember when Toyota was the epitome of reliability and was the gold standard along with Honda.
I still love Toyotas but with these other manufacturers starting to bring their "A" games out, I'm starting to have second thoughts as far as the cars are concerned. As far as mid size SUVs are concerned I'm still a Toyota fan when it comes to the 4runner. It seems like that's the only SUV in the market today that still looks like an SUV unlike the newer models that's trying to aim for that crossover look. Granted the Ford Explorer I'm starting to like the design but the Nissan Pathfinder, they totally butchered. The Pathfinder had one of the nicest designs around until they decided to make it more crossover looking.

Also Toyota needs to up their power output in all their vehicles. They're getting left behind by the other companies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Toyota has been losing the vote of the public court since the throttle position sensor debacle of 8 (give or take) years ago. Their power output has been waning since the late 90s. Their interiors have been suicide due to boredom since the big bang (a few exceptions are extant, but still holds true). Their transfer cases on the land cruisers are legendary tho, and the hilux pickups are virtually indestructible (just ask any third world militia). They are known for reliability for a reason, but not everything they make is a good example of this. On the other hand, GM has upped their game in the sedan market significantly ever since they started selling German cars as buicks LOL Not that this would be ideal with anything less than a blow thru, but ask yourself why GM didnt sell the Maloo in the us as a rebadged El Camino? I mean they did EXACTLY that with the defunked GTO and then after that, they slapped some body panels on the zeta platform and called it a CTS and Camaro

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.