what do i need for a salt 8k

Participant count
  • Participant list

sounds_explicit

Senior VIP Member
currently im building a system in a tahoe 3 xv3 15s on a salt 8k at 1.33 ohms
rockford 600.4
possibly a 0-5k for mids tuned down ofc...
i have a brand x 390 alt voltage regulator at 14.8
plat agm under hood
northstar in rear
grabbing a brand x 6k bat
im sure that may be enough for that but i need more runs of power and ground.
i have 2 runs from front bat to rear bat.
big 3 done
1 rear ground

how many more runs from front to rear bat pos should i do
and how many runs of ground from front to back.
i plan on running about 2-3 ground from rear bank to frame underneath truck via a gromet in 3rd row.

I'll say add another pos battery run to make it 3 front to rear.

As for grounds I add 2 more than the total number of amplifier grounds to the rear battery because discharging is important

well here lemme say this. the 2 runs of pos from front to rear are 1/0 welding wire. from the rear bat everything else is 2/0 welding wire. so with that being said. i also have no dedicated ground from front to rear. is that a must? or can i ground the 2 batts in rear to frame with a few short runs.

so should i still run just 1 more run or try for 2. i can do the 3rd run in 2/0.

also i plan on runnning 6 pos 6 ground from the amp instead of 3/3.

main question is i guess. should i run 1 dedicated ground?
along with 1 more run of pos? or just 1 more good run of pos and make sure the rear batts are grounded to frame?

also the amp calls for 800 amps of fusing atm my 2/0 runs from fuses to amp is fused with 2 runs at 350 amps.
what would you suggest i run fuse wise to the salt8 amp? if i ran 3 runs should i do 300 amp fuses each run? 6 runs same thing?

Not sure if you're in a rush but you can also email brand x. Let them know your goals and your setup. They'll tell you what's enough. I did the same with underground power

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...