What do you do in winter?

mattf
5,000+ posts

Veteran of CarAudio.com
Is it ok to leave audio equipment in the car in the winter? Right now I have 2 Kicker Comps and a Power Acoustik amp in my trunk. I only got that stuff last summer so this will be my first winter with it. Where I am it will get to -35* in a few months and I will be parked outside all winter.

Will my stuff be alright?

Matt

That's sometimes true, sometimes not. The big problem is not the cold, it's moisture getting into the motor and freezing. If you're *really* concerned about it, follow Berry's advice. If you know your trunk doesn't have any problems with moisture or water leaking in, you shouldn't have any real problems.

Where I am it will get to -35* in a few months and I will be parked outside all winter.
Heh....with weather like that, I think the best thing to do would be to move somewhere else..... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

-35 would be the coldest it gets, but it will be warmer than that most of the time, probably around 0 or so.

If you know your trunk doesn't have any problems with moisture or water leaking in, you shouldn't have any real problems.
In northern Minnesota I don't think I will have much trouble with water leaking anywhere, but I know what you meant. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Heh....with weather like that, I think the best thing to do would be to move somewhere else.....
Oh come one, it's just a little nippy out.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/naughty.gif.94359f346c0f1259df8038d60b41863e.gif

As they have said, make sure there is no water, and just for extra precausion, give yours electronics some time to heat up before pounding on them. If there is ice on the coil or suspension, you could cause some serious damage. So for safety sake, I would say just give it some low volume play time //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

And I love cool weather, like it is in Norfolk right now but -35? You're ****in RETARDED!!!!!!! LOL, sorry, just a comedy central thing I saw..

uhh... I am living in Canada, my trunk has a small leak where little bit of water gets in... and I've never spent a winter where I am at now but I think it will get cold (it is Canada)..so should I take my system out of my car or what would you guys suggest?

uhh... I am living in Canada, my trunk has a small leak where little bit of water gets in... and I've never spent a winter where I am at now but I think it will get cold (it is Canada)..so should I take my system out of my car or what would you guys suggest?
Like we said, let it warm up first as to warm the coils and other electrical components. You may just want to not use it since there is a chance of actual ice forming on the material.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

mattf

5,000+ posts
Veteran of CarAudio.com
mattf
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from