What Happened To My Subs???

WeGoFootball20

Ok I have waited about three months to install everything i had. I first put in my head unit about four months ago. My whole car is Sony Prouducts. I have the CDM620 Sony head unit with a 760 watt Sony amp and two 12 inch Sony subs. I got them installed four stikin days ago, and now they dont work. Yesterday on Christmas Eve I helped jump start a guys car at work and then after that my subs dont work. My cd player works and it looks like my amp is getting power also but I dont really know much about this so if someone could help me out and tell me if this is minor or major. Thanks

Brian

First thing check all the fuses and the wire connections. If everything is okay there, your amp should have three lights if I'm not mistaken. One is for power, the next one is over current, and the third one is thermal protection I think
The only one lit should be the power. Let me know after you check all of these things. And tel me what ou came up with

When you jump start a car you should hook up the jumper cables and let the car with the good battery run for about 10 minutes to charge the dead battery. Then disconnect the jumper cables and try to start the car with the bad battery. NEVER jump start a vehicle while directly connected to yours. It can send huge shocks through out your entire electrical system. Like Ramos said, check your fuses - in your amp, vehicle fuse box under the dash and under the hood, and also the main fuse on your amps power cable under the hood. If all checks out well there's a good chance that something got shocked in your car stereo. I learned about jump starting cars the hard way by blowing out my ICU computer module in my car- $850 - Ouch!

As an added measure of safety take the main fuse out of your main power wire. If done properly it should be located right next to the battery anyway. This will keep any surges from harming your equipment

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.