What is the best position for my box in my trailblazer

Im trying to figure out whats the best position for my box facing up sounds good but roof rattles too much im looking for the best position any suggestions?
If the box is already designed and built your best bet is to just test it to see which sound you like best. Generally facing towards the front will give you the best SQ, but it won't be as loud. I'm guessing for you either sub back (towards the rear of the vehicle) or sub up (towards the roof) for output. You could try the sides too, but I don't think that'll work as well. Don't bother trying angles. Is your box ported? I can't tell from the pic. If you want to aim it at the roof, but the roof is taking a beating you'll want to deaden and/or brace it to reduce the rattling and increase output.

Thanks for the comments and its ported i have tried facing it to the trunk but seems to sound louder towards the roof only problem is the roof rattles alot and i can hear it.

Thanks for the comments and its ported i have tried facing it to the trunk but seems to sound louder towards the roof only problem is the roof rattles alot and i can hear it.
you can also try pushing it so its back is all the way to the rear hatch and fire it towards you, not gonna be too loud but it might not have rattles.

Must be ported on the side.

SUV's like subs up, port back. You might wanna think about a new box for that sub in the future.

You also gotta weak roof. What amp are you using?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.