What kind of amp to get .. Need help

I really wish people would do reaserch before buying equipment. If people would learn before they bought the big 4(JL, Kicker, MTX, Fosgate) it would force the companys to make better products. Cause people would stop buying them. And we will stop seeing all this crap on craigslist. Cause thats where it goes with that person reilized they got shafted! Then they link it to crutchfeild to cause thats where they bought it and people know crutchfeild

Ok this is wat i want.. I want some subs that hit hard but sound real good not a ugly hit that sounds distorted but crisp n where u can feel the floor vibrate out side the car and price is not a problem n what ever box is better and i have a 2000 ford taurus

i was thinkin about 3 p3 subs but now idk any suggestions

Ok this is wat i want.. I want some subs that hit hard but sound real good not a ugly hit that sounds distorted but crisp n where u can feel the floor vibrate out side the car and price is not a problem n what ever box is better and i have a 2000 ford taurusi was thinkin about 3 p3 subs but now idk any suggestions
2 Digital Designs 2512

2 DC level 3s

2 Incriminator audio Leathal injections

2 Audioque HDs

2 TC sounds Epic

2 Sundown SA-12s

All of those need to be 12s and duel 4ohm voice coils. And I'm sure I missed some. Any one of those choices will crush anything in the Power handling range( 600-750)RMS.

As for amps.. Do you plan to upgrade your Battery and have a battery or 2 in the trunk? Do the Big 3 upgrade? Get a HO altenator? This is a huge factor on picking out a amp!

Also build or have somone build you a box

To me having the floor outside vibrate and having good low bass means a pretty decent sub setup. If that is the case do not go with the fosgates. If you wanna stay name brand easy to shop Alpine Type Rs can perform nicely. However if you're willing to try something else Sundown audio subs, TC subs, Dayton subs, Eclipse subs....and many other companies make much better subs for your money. I'd go with a ported box to get powerful lows. If you have the port tuned right and the proper power it will sound really nice. Don't use anything that says bassboost anytime you do that you'll be sending more distortion to the subwoofer. Its best if you want a really clean accurate sound to set the LPF right and the gain right. That should be all you do.

Those sets need 1200 Watts or more. Depending on the size of our altenator, you might just need a upgrade battery under the hood and maybe on small battery in the truck.

As for amps

Sundown SAZ-1500

Audioque AQ1200

You can run these if you get Duel voice coil 2ohm. Some builders only make a 4ohm, but these companys customer service is the best. They will build you what you want!

Kicker ZX1500.1 Kick *** amp

Rockford Fosgate T1500bd-cp Kick *** amp Both of those are way underated

JBL GTO14001

The 1ohm amps will be cheaper but the are also more rough on the electrical system.

Like I said before, im sure I missed a few

as for some cheaper amps, because i dont think everyone has the cash to dump on a fosgate or sundown amp:

MB QUART ONX1.1500D 1500W Mono D Amplifier : ONX11500D : $197.95 : VMInnovations.com

Audiopipe AP15001D 1500W Mono D Amplifier : $149.95 : VMInnovations.com

i personally would choose the mb quart since it's better quality than the AP. both amps will do rated power, albeit the audiopipe won't do it terribly cleanly but if you aren't running it full tilt then you should be fine. if you do decide to buy either of those, use coupon code "CACO85" to save 8.5%

as for some cheaper amps, because i dont think everyone has the cash to dump on a fosgate or sundown amp:
MB QUART ONX1.1500D 1500W Mono D Amplifier : ONX11500D : $197.95 : VMInnovations.com

Audiopipe AP15001D 1500W Mono D Amplifier : $149.95 : VMInnovations.com

i personally would choose the mb quart since it's better quality than the AP. both amps will do rated power, albeit the audiopipe won't do it terribly cleanly but if you aren't running it full tilt then you should be fine. if you do decide to buy either of those, use coupon code "CACO85" to save 8.5%
The guy wanted options. And I would not recommend the Audiopipe for anything. I final got to hear on and my 500 less wattage kicker smoked it

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.