What subs are best at what?

My first set up was kenwoods in a prefab...lol what are lows?

then I remember the first time hearing real lows after building a box and putting the sundown in it. Like WHAT IS THIS AMAZING FEELING...

Its a fuggin drug, i swear.

eh, i still like the feeling of getting destroyed and my internal organs r@ped beyond repair rather than being in a wind tunnel.
In a certain power range. You get those car shaking lows without the hair vibrating off your head. Thats the feeling i chase. Enough lows to make your face vibrate but not enough to be audibly over powering.

Lows shouldnt be audible...but im an SQ guy so..

In a certain power range. You get those car shaking lows without the hair vibrating off your head. Thats the feeling i chase. Enough lows to make your face vibrate but not enough to be audibly over powering.
Lows shouldnt be audible...but im an SQ guy so..
on the contrary, Lows if done right, will produce audible sound even down to 25hz and lower.

The feeling you are getting, I get that daily when i'm listening to low songs on low power. Its meh to me. I can completely live without it to be honest. My ideal of good bass is my bass hitting strong my range of music rather than listening to super low songs.

No i dont own my avatar sub, its of my dream subs and i dont know of anything that is more extreme than this,
Its called : Ground Zero GZPW 15spl
This may be more extreme, imo

IMG_20150409_202625_581_zpskkcdpjo9.jpg

Currently mounted in a sealed prefab, sitting in my garage, lol

[quote name='Jscoyne2']@negolien has tantrics..and yes, they slam.[/QUOTE]

Yeah the Tantrics do a pretty good job handling the Q1-2200.1. They are in a sealed 3.2 net box so they don't produce as much thump as they would in a ported per se but they are extremely accurate and amaze me every day with the volume they put out. They are rated at 750 rms each and I' am giving them almost every ounce of that 2200 at times. The 138.9 on half a bass race run down tuned surprised me. The Quality control could be a little better imo but he's a small guy trying to do big things.

These threads are kinda useless because they aren't specific. You need to understand what you want as far as the kinda sound, what environment you're gonna use them in, what power you're gonna use..so many variables go into it. A single speaker can change it's profile with the smallest change in any one of these areas.

I'm guessing you have an MD? I've been thinking about getting some but I absolutely love how musical and how my HDD sounds

Plus its very hard to beat Murphys customer service. He's always gotten back to be super quick and answered every single one of my questions.

I'm guessing you have an MD? I've been thinking about getting some but I absolutely love how musical and how my HDD soundsPlus its very hard to beat Murphys customer service. He's always gotten back to be super quick and answered every single one of my questions.
Yup I think Tantrics are really musical up until the HD anything over that is mostly SPL. I won't go into his quality issues but trust me lol they we pretty bad. Thank god Jim was a buffer. I still haven't gotten my fkin t-shirt Murph promised me like 4 months ago o_O lol. I was actually thinking of getting two HD to slap in the same box and just run 3-4 k next year. The products themselves when made properly are very nice imo.

How much power have you seen put to two xcons, I am kinda interested to how far I could go with mine.
Its not a matter of how much power they can take, its more like damn, its a van, with that engine space, cant do dual alternators lol. Been down that road already. It takes power to make power, unless you go crazy with lots of batteries, I dont think the van can handle more than a 3.5k amp.

Its not a matter of how much power they can take, its more like damn, its a van, with that engine space, cant do dual alternators lol. Been down that road already. It takes power to make power, unless you go crazy with lots of batteries, I dont think the van can handle more than a 3.5k amp.
I dno, I have already been planning and plotting - stuffs addictive lol. Found a few places I could try to mount a second alt, especial were mine doesn't have a power steering pump.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.