What the heck is MAS POWER?

Pulled my Sony XAV-602BT head unit out of the dash today trying to find out why the subwoofer (Kicker Hideaway) isn't 'kicking in' on the low end. In the spaghetti mess of wiring behind the stereo were two loose square black units (maybe 2" x 3" x1") wired into each of the 2 channels. On the face of the unit was the word MAS Power. No other definitive marks, logos, ports, or terminals were evident. I have no idea what these are. Google search turns up nothing related to audio. Anybody out there every come across MAS Power units and know what they are for? thanks,

Pulled my Sony XAV-602BT head unit out of the dash today trying to find out why the subwoofer (Kicker Hideaway) isn't 'kicking in' on the low end. In the spaghetti mess of wiring behind the stereo were two loose square black units (maybe 2" x 3" x1") wired into each of the 2 channels. On the face of the unit was the word MAS Power. No other definitive marks, logos, ports, or terminals were evident. I have no idea what these are. Google search turns up nothing related to audio. Anybody out there every come across MAS Power units and know what they are for? thanks,
are those letter beside a small plug? I think it's like a power adapter for like ipod or something (sony version)

thanks for the reply. No......there are no inputs, plugs, or RCA connectors on either of the 2 strange black box units. It has only a wire lead with RCA jacks that plug into the speakers. I'll have to open my dash up again and pull the head unit out to take some photos. Thanks.....

:

Last edited by a moderator:
I believe that unit may be a hi to lo level converter which takes the speaker hi level input and creates a lo level rca audio output. This is a passive device

I have another Mas power product same issue no support. This one has a pair of RCA in and out with signal flow. I am thinking this may be a passive in line low pass filter. But can’t be sure.

I believe that unit may be a hi to lo level converter which takes the speaker hi level input and creates a lo level rca audio output. This is a passive device

I have another Mas power product same issue no support. This one has a pair of RCA in and out with signal flow. I am thinking this may be a passive in line low pass filter. But can’t be sure.
It may just be an acronym, "Marsupial Audio Solutions".

Last edited:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...