Whats best for my L5? Opinions Please

IMO, you have enough room to go ported, so you should go ported. Basic reason is better low-end response and better utilization of space available. Really, it's a toss-up. It depends on what kind of sound you are looking for. Tight, responsive bass = sealed. Louder, more accentuated bass = ported. 2.5 cubes @ 30-36 would do you just fine. Hope this helps!

yea its helpful, im still not sure, right now my subs in a ported box that is not perfectly sealed and it kinda sounds like crap, probably the box but it overpowers my 6x9's and 6 inchers like crazy, the bass doesnt sound that good but on a few songs

i want the bass to hit real hard but i dont want it sounding crappy either...I think I might just seal up the box, it might be a little big but thats ok right?

yea its helpful, im still not sure, right now my subs in a ported box that is not perfectly sealed and it kinda sounds like crap, probably the box but it overpowers my 6x9's and 6 inchers like crazy, the bass doesnt sound that good but on a few songs
i want the bass to hit real hard but i dont want it sounding crappy either...I think I might just seal up the box, it might be a little big but thats ok right?
how long have u had the subs.... kicker L series take a long time like 2 to 3 weeks to break in before deep bass will sound good.... i have a pair of L7's

what about vented? i just decided to buy the 06DS12L52 (2 ohm version) it the kicker enclosure its vented , anyways havnt hooked it up i also bought a kicker zx1500.1 so rms wise these will be fine (over powerd a bit right //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/tongue.gif.6130eb82179565f6db8d26d6001dcd24.gif ?) but in peak its still behind yet in peak its never reached is it ???? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/uhoh.gif.c07307dd22ee7e63e22fc8e9c614d1fd.gif how long should i run them low? for the break in period and is it nessary? how do i know if im giving them too much power ?

what about vented? i just decided to buy the 06DS12L52 (2 ohm version) it the kicker enclosure its vented , anyways havnt hooked it up i also bought a kicker zx1500.1 so rms wise these will be fine (over powerd a bit right //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/tongue.gif.6130eb82179565f6db8d26d6001dcd24.gif ?) but in peak its still behind yet in peak its never reached is it ???? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/uhoh.gif.c07307dd22ee7e63e22fc8e9c614d1fd.gif how long should i run them low? for the break in period and is it nessary? how do i know if im giving them too much power ?
they'll bottom out if u give them too much power, just have sumone slowly turn up the vol while you watch the sub, and you'll know how high to turn your system up, after it breaks in, in about 2 weeks maybe 3 then you should be able to turn it up a little more

actually i only had it hooked up since yesterday, i know it takes about 2 weeks to break it in but it really sounds weird
man, i am telling u... mine sounded bad at first but now they sound clean.. just give them 2 to 3 weeks then if they still sound unclear then build another box... i am telling u....

2 questions

1) what do you mean they'll "bottom out" physically they'll stop or what?//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/uhoh.gif.c07307dd22ee7e63e22fc8e9c614d1fd.gif

2)since theirs a break in period how much should i be bumpin these subs ? cuz i dont mind playing low' so low you can bearly hear music

EDIT: added da burner why dont you just buy an enclosure from ebay? the kicker offical one's you can buy either the ones that have blown subs( like trading liquidation or some store called like that) or from some sellers that part out the case.... that way you meet specifications

2 questions
1) what do you mean they'll "bottom out" physically they'll stop or what?//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/uhoh.gif.c07307dd22ee7e63e22fc8e9c614d1fd.gif

2)since theirs a break in period how much should i be bumpin these subs ? cuz i dont mind playing low' so low you can bearly hear music

EDIT: added da burner why dont you just buy an enclosure from ebay? the kicker offical one's you can buy either the ones that have blown subs( like trading liquidation or some store called like that) or from some sellers that part out the case.... that way you meet specifications
Them boxes are not very good... There straight though not worth paying to much for... I ordered from there twice and both times it said blown for box only... When they got here not blown

2 questions

???

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.