whats the best sound deadening material?

I've used Second Skin Audio SPL Tiles and Damplifier Pro...both fell off after about 8-9 months. I think it was caused by the summer heat since I live in south GA. I'm currently using Audio Technix 80mil. Easy to apply/install, no signs of a lagging headliner. Seems to take extreme hot temperatures, mainly on my roof. A+ of a product IMO.

Contact Don at SDS as posted before, he will let you know what you need and not tell you to buy things you will not need. Also do a lot of reading on there and you will learn a lot.

Contact Don at SDS as posted before, he will let you know what you need and not tell you to buy things you will not need. Also do a lot of reading on there and you will learn a lot.
I agree. Don is very knowledgeable and he SOMETIMES gives discounts depending on your order size

it better be some good stuff for $418 for 120sq ft!
Guessing that you're talking about the Thinsulate. Out of the four main things Don offers, this is lowest on the totem pole, and mainly for high SQ installs.

I have it, I can tell a notable difference with vs/without it, and I feel it is worth every penny.....the old adage, "You get what you pay for" applies in nearly everything one encounters in life, and high quality damping/deadener is no exception.

Send Don an email, tell him what you're driving and what you're wanting from your sound system+damping/deadening install, and let him give you a quote minus the Thinsulate.

Dude's products and customer service is second to none.

you get what you pay for, i have used at 80 mil and damplifier pro, damplifier pro looks to be better quality and a lot easier to work with, the AT is fine too though. i would not recommend using fatmat or any other asphalt based deadener

All you need is some closed cell foam and mass loaded vinal in the 1lb variety. Both can be purchased on ebay for much less than the stuff these speciality car audio companies are selling.

All you need is some closed cell foam and mass loaded vinal in the 1lb variety. Both can be purchased on ebay for much less than the stuff these speciality car audio companies are selling.
not if he is just trying to stop resonance, remember that he did say deadener in the first post, not dampener

op, just pick up some AT 80 and go to town if your just trying to cut back things resonating.

if your wanting to go full tilt and turn the car into a sound room, hit up sds and pry open your wallet.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.