What's this called

I don't know what these are called Ik it's for the heat but the actual name. It's an Orion xtr 500.2

6336461ddeae0b390c6526c33f93b5e4.jpg
8870d1a8f275742679356f93f10b49dc.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FET... field effect transistor I think...

---------- Post added at 12:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:06 AM ----------

That your Crescendo?

FET... field effect transistor I think... 

---------- Post added at 12:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:06 AM ----------

That your Crescendo?
Yeah that's mine, and in the trunk of a charger it gets real hot, it was used got 2 amps for 35$ was working fine until I put bigger wattage subs in.

Yeah that's mine, and in the trunk of a charger it gets real hot, it was used got 2 amps for 35$ was working fine until I put bigger wattage subs in.

Did you have it under 4 ohm bridged?

Yeaah I think so

Live and learn... LOL!.. that's a 4 ohm bridged/2 ohm stereo amp... I've got something you might like... NOT 1200 watts... but the price IS right...

What do you got

Tell me the impedance of your subs... I've got a few... you didn't run that Orion at 2 ohm bridged or 1 ohm... did you?.. that amp was not even close to 1 ohm stable even with solid electrical... it's a throwaway...

yup, thats what you called a burned mosfet
With those dual 4 subs it was either at 4 or 1 ohm wired... I'll bet that 1 ohm did it... the heat in the trunk had nothing with the failure... that's a 2 ohm stereo/4 ohm mono amp

With those dual 4 subs it was either at 4 or 1 ohm wired... I'll bet that 1 ohm did it... the heat in the trunk had nothing with the failure... that's a 2 ohm stereo/4 ohm mono amp
i would have to say that i agree. he dunn blewed it up good tho!! Ive never seen a cracked mosfet!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.