Whats wrong with this amp?

EnvEe 02
10+ year member

Built For Brutality
I dont know much about amps so i was hoping someone could tell me what happened to this amp and maybe an estimate of what you think it might cost to fix it. Its not my amp, its a friend of mines, so I dont know exactly what the conditions were when it stopped working. Its a Diamond Audio d1000.1 Thanks .

Amp1.jpg

Amp2.jpg

Amp3.jpg

Amp4.jpg

Hard to tell because your pics are a little too close up but i'm guessing based on the proximity to the transformer that you have some blown power supply fets. If one power supply fet blows you have to replace them all and its not a bad idea to change the gate resistors connected to them either along with the power supply ic. Could be even more damage as well. More often than not blown output transistors will cause a failure of the power supply fets.

Also it is hard to tell from the pic whether there is just a bunch of soot on the board or if the board itself is burnt. If the board were to get burnt too severely it may not be fixable at all. Assuming the board is useable id say roughly 100 bucks in repairs but without the amp in hand its really hard to know exactly the extent of the damage

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.