Where can i get an amp repaired?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Puppet Master
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Fargo, ND
I have a Power Acoustik amp that I think is blown. I hook it up and it instantly blows the external fuses on the amp. Where can i send it to get it fixed? And how much does something like that run? I doubt there is any place locally here in ND. Not much up here...at all

you could try dB-r Electronics but I don't know if he would accept it in. He is probably up to his neck in other amps right now as he is the authorized repair center for several major brands. It kinda sounds like you have some blown power supply fets in your amp which can also go hand in hand with toatsed outputs. On a power acoustik amp unless you can do the repairs yourself you would probably be better off just buying something else unless you really like the amp. It might cost about the same. Without knowing exactly the amp you have and what exactly the problem is it is gonna be difficult for somebody to give you an accurate repair quote unless they just have flat rate fees for your particular amp. There was a thread here recently it seems about reliable repair places. Should be some good info in there

K, thanks for the quick reply. I was wondering what it might cost. Seems like you have a better idea of what is going on then i do. The amp isnt special to me at all, i was just hoping that getting it fixed would cost less then getting a new one. But i should probably get a new one anyways. Actually come to think of it. The amp i have, (ps2-1800) is a 2 channel amp i was bridging at 4 ohms running to my 2 ohm 12'' Type R. I just got rid of that and picked up a 4 ohm Type X...so i cant use that amp anyways, right? Nevermind then, haha

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.