Where did the "Art" from the "Art Series" come from?

oh and i was just on DIY Forum and came across a member named PPI-ART saying this

"the original designer of the PPI graphics is carloyn hall young. I know she did the orinal line of ART SERIES amps but I do not know if she did the .2 series which is the last version of ART SERIES amps."

..?

Epsilon Electronics (Soundstream, Power Acoustik, etc.) bought the PPI brand in 2008 and is preparing to release 3 new series of amps, subs and components. The new lines will debut at CES in early January 2010.

The new PPI stuff will NOT be rebadged Power Acoustik or SS.

Ahh, so they have already changed their mind about using the Soundstream Reference boards in PPI's entry level amplifiers. Regardless, this could be good news since they seem to be placing PPI as their top tier product.

I heard that it was called that because of the colorful graphics on the amps, which was certainly unique, especially back in the day.

I was never that crazy about that look, but did like the white amps, and PPI was the real deal stuff back in the late 80's and into the

90's (shame what happened to them, and a/d/s etc).

Cheers!

Rick

I heard that it was called that because of the colorful graphics on the amps, which was certainly unique, especially back in the day. I was never that crazy about that look, but did like the white amps, and PPI was the real deal stuff back in the late 80's and into the

90's (shame what happened to them, and a/d/s etc).

Cheers!

Rick
There are still some quality brands left...but most all that were once top notch are all crap now...//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

I had a A300 and A600 in the early 90's runnin mb quarts up front and jl in da back...when I jumped to the 3 10w6's when they came out almost got a A1200...but started to compeat....moved to the soundstream class A 6.0's (3) and still in the 0-150 class. Hit 145.7. That was bangn in a civic off 3 sealed 10's back then(95). Soundstream rep tols me I need to get SS n PPI to bring back the old days lol....(First amp liner power...then ppi)

yeah the 3 JL 10 W6's with an A1200 was such a popular setup in the 90's. my bro had a A1200.2 on 3 10's with an A402.2. **** was clean as hell.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.