Where do RCA Y adaptors go? Near headunit or amp?

npcout
10+ year member

PA
So I just bought a 2015 Honda Fit. I'm starting to plan my project. Just looking to do something simple as I need my trunk. I am keeping the stock head unit due to the 7in screen and all. So my best guess is there will be no RCA outputs like I am use to.

I plan to buy a 4 channel Hi Lo Converter. I want to put a 5 channel amp in, so I would split the channel 1 & 2 for the front and rears (I dont need fadar control). Then channel 3 & 4 can go to the subwoofer.

Do Y adapters usually get placed at the start, behind the head unit, or at the end where they would connect straight to the amp?

Does this sound like a legit plan? Trying to keep it basic in this car.

The Fit is go!

f you're using the same cabling for both configurations it doesn't matter where you connect the splitter. However, if you run 17ft of RCA cabling from the HU to the amp and then throw a splitter in you won't have to do multiple 17ft runs.

Also, depending on the amp, there might be an option to have use one input for multiple outputs. I've got a button like that on my 4 channel amp and utilized it because I didn't feel like running another cable just so I can fade, something I'd rarely use.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.