Where Is My Amp????????????

csan01
10+ year member

ny
have a Infinity sound system in 98 Town and Country cant find amp, its not behind the H.U. or glove box nor under pass foot area, nor the seats not in trunk area either where the hell did chrysler put the **** AMP???????? PLEASE HELP:crying:

Bolted to the back of the factory radio? I have seen them there before. Shiny silver box with heatsinks on it. Just a starting point.

geo
I dont have the factory radio I have a new H.U.

HUH? That doesnt make sense...
So you have a HU, that is going to a factory amp?!?!? then to your speakers?!?!?!
makes sense to me //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif

could be. i know on the older audi's, the amp was attached to one of the rear speakers.
thank you for th e help but the funny thing is that is my post at all experts.com in ref to this same problem there is nothinf behind the headunit or the glovebox and the way he explained it was that each speaker had their own amp. im not sure what to think in ref to that but he also suggested converter but what good is converter if you cant locate amp to run the converter in line. im reall trying to prevent totalling all panels in the van but it seems we have no choice all i know that there is an amp in the van somewhere and chrysler sure did a good job hiding it.........................................

the 6x9's have a little mini amp and crossover connected to the backs of them. They only play low frequencies though. The speakers in the dash and tweeters in the rear trim arent amplified. The inputs for the 6x9's is still just the speaker level output from the headunit though. All you have to do to connect aftermarket speakers to the factory wiring is use just the middle two wires on each speaker connector. If you want to put a aftermarket headunit on stock speakers you have to hook the remote wire up for the 6x9's to work.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.