where to mount xovers?

put them in a ziplock bag and lay it inside the door. seems to work so far for me but dont know how safe that is haha //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I vote for back by the amp, it will force you to use new wires and allow you to upgrade to an active stage later on without rewiring.

I plan to mount mine by making a fiberglass "pocket" in an access hole in the door. When you treat your doors (as you should) you will want to seal all access holes. Mine is large enoungh that I simply make a recess out of fiberglass, where I can mount the crossover. Also, I only need to thread one pair of wires through the door boot. This, of course, is assuming you don't have a crossover the size of a shoebox! The new Boston Acoustics SPZ comps have a crossover measuring 4.5"W x 8"L x 2.25"D!! Might make mounting the crossover a little more interesting...

I believe MB Quart 216's have a very large crossover, too. I guess you will have to see what factory gave you for room in your door.

mine is on the outside of the door

Picture036.jpg

those are the cdt's, my kickers will be here tuesday. yay

lol yeah dont mount then in plain view on a door.... thats needless. Put them under your seats or on your amp wrack in the back... i always mount on the amp wrack...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.